Dux College (1 Viewer)

jalice

HSC
im starting year 11 this year and was wondering if anyone's got any opinions about Dux College? they're pretty well known in the parramatta region, but just wondering what BoS thinks. Anyway i've got a free trial lesson booked with them on the first week back. Also does anyone here currently go to Dux?

jswlms

HSC
I'm in year 12 this year and currently go to dux - not sure who is taking the year 11 classes but I know Jason, David C and Ahmad are great tutors for maths ext 1, chem and phys. Can't go wrong if you end up on one of their classes

HJKim

HSC
Good to see this place get the rep it deserves. The couple that runs it, Hong and Jackie, are top people. I gave them a call initially just to get some advice on how scaling works and Hong spent a long time on the phone with me going through the technical details which helped me with my subject selection at the end of year 10. I started last term with them and i'm very happy with the way they do things.

qwerty44

HSC
Good to see this place get the rep it deserves. The couple that runs it, Hong and Jackie, are top people. I gave them a call initially just to get some advice on how scaling works and Hong spent a long time on the phone with me going through the technical details which helped me with my subject selection at the end of year 10. I started last term with them and i'm very happy with the way they do things.
Same. He called me and took his time to explain the whole system. He also explained what i would do in the subjects i was choosing between. They are heaps good. I went there for a term but had to stop because it was becoming inconvenient for me. They also spend time outside sessions to help you.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I got a trial lesson booked for Week 5 since their teacher is on holiday apparently. Who takes the Sunday 2-5PM MX2 class?

robertm

HSC
N/A
They give you extra help outside of the hours you're paying for. Top people!

Meshy590

HSC
I have been going to Dux for 2 terms now, for Maths ext 1 and chem. Tutors are very helpful and easy to understand, they don't mind staying back after the lesson to help you out with any problems you have, and the class size is extremely small- I have 4 ppl in both my classes (including me)

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Heard great things about Dux as well, also I recall the rates being pretty reasonable. Some of my mates work there =]

thebigticket

HSC
what do u do at the tutoring sessions at dux college , i was thinking about joining cuz my friend goes there and is getting really high in chem and physics

Meshy590

HSC
what do u do at the tutoring sessions at dux college , i was thinking about joining cuz my friend goes there and is getting really high in chem and physics
for chem, we get booklets every week that cover each dot point in the syllabus. We usually start with a brief revision of the previous week's stuff, and then we go through the dot points for the current week. The teacher writes notes on the board, which we copy down. And at the end, we do another brief revision over what we have just learnt.

Maths Ext 1: its pretty much just questions, and if we are doing a new topic, we first look at the theory (obviously). Again, we get a booklet every week, which contains examples, theory and HW questions.

sander

HSC
I had a few friends that go to Dux and they were getting high marks in chem and maths but wouldnt tell me where they go tutoring!

Then recently I went for a trial lesson and i saw them there in chem and maths class hahaha

William if youre reading this, why so serious?

akachan

HSC
If you live close to Parramatta then this is the place to go to

jswlms

HSC
Just adding to this thread now while doing my HSC exams - I went to this place for pretty much my entire year 12 and I can definitely say that this place has helped me alot. They do things thoroughly and everything was thoroughly revised before my exams that I'm having now. I went to Matrix for a term and a half before switching to Dux, best choice ever. Class sizes were around 6-7 throughout the year and there was never a time my questions couldn't be fully answered. I've also had a private tutor for about half a term during year 12 before my trials (99+ ATAR you know the type) but whenever the questions got slightly tricky she couldn't give me straight answers. So yeah, if you're getting a tutor, 99+ ATAR means jack all, you need maybe someone with a state rank to actually be able to answer ALL your questions if you're the type to enquire beyond the basics. This was one of the main things that stuck out about Dux - they teach you everything you need for the exam, but if you ask something BEYOND the syllabus, they will still always know the answer. Really helps with gaining a proper deep understanding of the subject, instead of just going through dot points like the average student.

hadouken99

HSC
does anyone know who's taking year 11 physics and chemistry on sundays at Parramatta?

younoob

HSC
N/A
i'm going there now for year 11 physics and chemistry but on a saturday... its pre good

KwitchY

HSC
N/A
Dux College is pretty good. I go there for chemistry and physics

I've been to Edukingdom, Preuni and 90plus and they were a waste of time

Talent100 is good too but expensive, I went there for just the trial lesson

mrpali

HSC
I was thinking of joining Dux this year for year 11 physics chem and 2u math, are they any helpful? do they teach well and care about students or is it just for the money? thanks, i also live around the fairfield region if anyone knows any other tutoring places that are good and fairly affordable, if anyone does can they please pm or tell me im really interested in finding a place. thanks :)

marauder7

HSC
for chem, we get booklets every week that cover each dot point in the syllabus. We usually start with a brief revision of the previous week's stuff, and then we go through the dot points for the current week. The teacher writes notes on the board, which we copy down. And at the end, we do another brief revision over what we have just learnt.

Maths Ext 1: its pretty much just questions, and if we are doing a new topic, we first look at the theory (obviously). Again, we get a booklet every week, which contains examples, theory and HW questions.

Did you go there for english as well? Cause 95 is damn good mark!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)