Dux thread for 2005 (1 Viewer)

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
Our school just does gift vouchers for those who topped a course ($20) and theres a few higher ones, and littler ones for different awards. Dux gets $100, the vouchers are only for book stores and news agencies though. I think the P&C funds the prizes.

I got dux for topping maths ext 1 and 2 last year, chem, physics and legal this year, and 2nd in history (only because you can't have equal firsts). I think our school is based on who gets first in the most subjects, theres been a few equal dux's over the years.

HSC
asscookie said:
Oh wow.

I feel inferior now :eek:

I was dux of my school, but I only topped 3 subjects.
I came dux of my school too
Topped 3 subjects...
Came 4th in the other 2.

Dunno how I did it, i didnt study in the free periods, had a boyfriend that I saw every afternoon, had a casual job so worked weekends and thursday nights, didnt take time off during the exams, had all my exams in the same week, played rep hockey, didnt have a study timetable or tutor, didnt go to a private competitive school... yeah im done. It was a good year. I'm so glad I didnt waste all my time studying haha. Guess what my UAI was?

In our school (just a crappy public one...jk) the dux of the school gets $75 in book vouchers and also gets a $1000 scholarship if they go to Newcastle Uni. How I wish the money was in cash lol.

Last edited:

elisabeth

HSC
I got dux :D Topped all my subjects in school - then again, I didn't do the hardest subjects or extentions - but it goes on UAI and so my rankings really helped. Got 99.65. The part that annoys me isn't the lack of prizes, but that I'll be overseas for presentation night next year :( It's the lack of recognition that kills me.

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
i got dux. Scored a 50$ voucher at the local newsagency.. woo hoo.

thinking about getting 50$ worth of lotto tickets

Alimoe_KG

HSC
I only topped like ...2 =/ maybe hopefully 3...

And at fort, it's not uai based.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)