• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

dux (1 Viewer)

How many times have u won dux??

• Total voters

Plebeian

That doesn't mean everyone is lying though ... I didn't want to brag, but it is true that I have come first in my year since Year 7.

mishka

HSC
N/A
Techie said:
That doesn't mean everyone is lying though ... I didn't want to brag, but it is true that I have come first in my year since Year 7.
exactly!!

the question was asked and we answered... if you think people are lying, fine, but don't come here claiming that we're lying, when you don't even know who we are, what school we go to, etc.

maybe someone just has their nose out of joint.

edit: the people who lie about these things are only kidding themselves anyway. i wouldn't get hung up over it.

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
duxed yr 10.........and went down hill from there......dayum!!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hopefully I'll dux year 12. that would be cool, but it'd also mean I'll probably need a UAI of 100. Hmm. OK, maybe not.

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
i was asking that people who have won dux, or came overall 1st in their year to vote. 0 means u haven't won anythin, 5 means u have topped ur yr 5 times.

considerin there are 6 opprtunities for each student in their skool life and thousands of skools the number of dux winners can be very large.

6 is not an option becaue anyone pollin that is just to inconceivable, odds are stacked against us.

chantellet

HSC
I got dux in 7, 9 & 11.. Clearly there is a pattern emerging... I came second this year dammit but I figure that's just got to do with the pattern - nothing to do with my lack of hard work this year! ;)

Amsie

I wouldn't get dux at my school cos there are like, 800 year 12s. But in VCE you get dux of individual classes (well you do at my school anyway). Last year i duxed my english class. We're not even finished yet (finish classes in 7 days) so i don't know how i went this year.

concession

Respected Member
HSC
wheres the option for 6 times?

blatantly leave out my chance to get some fame

BIG_AJ

Banned
serious question here, it may sound stupid but im being serious:

Is Dux somthing you guys really really want? I know people who get DUX and basically they are hated by the rest of the year group for being such tools. Anyone got an opinion on this.

Im not having a dig at all you who got dux by the way , just wondering.

mishka

HSC
N/A
i've found over the years, people start respecting the importance of working hard and they KNOW the people who get rewarded are doing their best... i think the pressure also comes into it... being "expected" to top the grade is sometimes motivation to actually want to do it, if you get what i mean.

but there's always the jealous ones, or the ones who have it in them to get it, but are too lazy to reach out and grab it. they're the ones that annoy the hell out of me because they know they can do it, and yet they whinge about it... my opinion anyway.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
WHATEVER! There are only TWO in my music extension class and I came SECOND out of the TWO by ONE MARK... Stupid technicalities of Dux-ness-ness... Besides we were doing different electives... AH!!

mishka

HSC
N/A
dux is overall, not just in one subject... i understand what you mean though, i've had that happen before - it's not nice!! :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
mishka said:
dux is overall, not just in one subject... i understand what you mean though, i've had that happen before - it's not nice!! :)
We had a dux for each subject. It's kinda nicer that way.. lol

mishka

HSC
N/A
oh ok, but i didn't mean to bag out anyone who didn't come first in a subject, either. i was referring to dux meaning "overall" hence our misunderstanding!! sorri...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
mishka said:
oh ok, but i didn't mean to bag out anyone who didn't come first in a subject, either. i was referring to dux meaning "overall" hence our misunderstanding!! sorri...
Hahahaha! don't apologize! Oh you're so cute! I'm giving you a good rep now.

Plebeian

BIG_AJ said:
Is Dux somthing you guys really really want? I know people who get DUX and basically they are hated by the rest of the year group for being such tools. Anyone got an opinion on this.

Im not having a dig at all you who got dux by the way , just wondering.
I go to selective so academic achievement is generally respected.

It also depends on whether you really are a tool, or if you can be modest about the whole thing.

aim54x

XccenTRiX
lost in the mists of time, shrouded by thought
HSC
a selective skool, no wonder. but that means gettin dux is relly hard right. that means it must b treasured.

at other skools the feeling may go either way, depending on the ppl. at my skool it is all congrats and stuff, no negatives. but i have heard of the negative reactions that occur

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i find that the dux's at our school are usually nice, all-rounder people

usually captains and stuff

everybody likes them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)