e-life (1 Viewer)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
What is our opinion of the e-world? Here is an example -> recently a friend asked me if i wanted to e-date. And not being an e-freak myslef, i didnt take it too seriously...so agreed as a bit of fun. And thought nothing of it. (*points out that i dont see this person very often at all*). Information from external sources suggest that this e-bf actually likes me in the real world...and so i find myself thinking i agreed to something more than i initially thought. You see, our e-friendship was/is stronger than our normal-life-friendship.

So, my question is this..how seriously do you take the world of e- ? For you, is it a metaphor for reality or some strange alternate world...or a happy medium? Can we change the meaning of anything simply by adding the prefix "e-"

Discuss...

(ps: note slight over-dramaticness =p)

HSC
lourai*87 said:
What is our opinion of the e-world? Here is an example -> recently a friend asked me if i wanted to e-date. And not being an e-freak myslef, i didnt take it too seriously...so agreed as a bit of fun. And thought nothing of it. (*points out that i dont see this person very often at all*). Information from external sources suggest that this e-bf actually likes me in the real world...and so i find myself thinking i agreed to something more than i initially thought. You see, our e-friendship was/is stronger than our normal-life-friendship.

So, my question is this..how seriously do you take the world of e- ? For you, is it a metaphor for reality or some strange alternate world...or a happy medium? Can we change the meaning of anything simply by adding the prefix "e-"

Discuss...

So does some random net guy think you're hot ...? Or does he know you in real life and emailed you and told you that he thought you were hot?
The e-world I don't take too seriously, but it's fun to not have to watch what I say ...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
you don't take anything seriously on the net.

besides, he was probably asking an e-date without being serious about it too. he probably knows he can't have you anymore than that, so why not. it's fun, and its a good way to vent? although its a bit funny.

on a side note, i'm "married" to a few people. not cuz i can't have them, or cuz i like them, it was my own non-serious attempt of strengthening a friendship. if that makes sense? its not meant to be serious, i mean, i'm married to two gay guys as well.

PS i didn't want to answer in a way that everyone else probably would, just letting you know there are other perceptions..,.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
e-world is for people who aren't happy with who they are in the real-world :rolleyes:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
fuck, he appears to be an anomaly in da matrix. he should be exterminated, lest you become his e-addiction.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
wow...i got responses :p

Um, yeah i know him..He is my ex's best friend (yes..i know, im asking for trouble) and we talk on msn all the time and as such have developed an e-friendship. He doesnt live near me though, so i hardly ever see him. Thats what i thought...i dont take it seriously at all, but i think it may have been his way of indicating he feels something more...

Dont start scaring me with e-obsession talk. *considers uninstalling messenger*

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I used to be majorly swept up in the e-world in about year 8 and year 9. I used to have long, meaningful discussions with this guy at school. We were complete opposites: I was v. outspoken, and he was so shy, he couldnt even make eye contact with me at school! I started to slowly realise that he was developing an e-crush, and even asked me out a few times, but each time I turned him down.Why? Because I *knew* there would be no point. We'd probably just sit there like two stunned mullets.

I think the internet is a good way to meet people and develop friendships, and maintain friendships, but to base it all on the net is a bit... odd, and unnatural. For example, I found it helpful in getting to know my s/o, as we were good friends at uni already, and so it just helped ease me into trusting him more (its always easier to reveal when they're not there staring back at you).

Personally honey, if you cant talk outside msn, dont even bother going there... and if you're still friends with your ex, or he is, yes, you are asking for trouble! :)

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
jumb said:
You weren't being serious with this thread, were you.
Yes, i am serious!! Its true..all of it. I just didnt want to make it sound all whingey (which it isnt) like everything else in L&R and hence made the issue sound way more dramatic than it really is. I was just curious of peoples opinions.

So...share...:rolleyes:

MaryJane said:
Personally honey, if you cant talk outside msn, dont even bother going there... and if you're still friends with your ex, or he is, yes, you are asking for trouble! :)
Lol, of course we can talk outside of msn! I just think his "e-crush" developed over msn as we got to know each other through that. Similar to your situation, except im heaps shy normally and he isnt. And yes they are still best friends and i am slowly talking to my ex again.

I just don't want to e-lead-him-on. That would be unfortuante. I would get a bad e-reputation...lol how funny.

Last edited:

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
E-dating is serious business. When he goes to stick his e-cock in your e-vagina, make sure he is wearing an e-condom and you are using e-water based lube.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
I know this chick who had a boyfriend for about 5months.
she never met him. except on msn.
they never met for the whole 5months they were "boyfriend and girlfriend".
she cried when he dumped for someone else.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
mmm_sofay said:
I know a lot of people like this. Also, people who do know each other in real life, but only show affection to each other over MSN.

It's a fucking joke. It takes the 'spine' out of the relationship. It is simply too easy to feel something, and type something else. If you ask someone out, or dump them, you should do it to their face and spare the SMS/instant messaging crap.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
lourai*87 said:

Discuss...

Your not on E right now are you?

btw <3 ur sig

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
Korn said:

btw <3 ur sig
Of course im on E (in the technological sense...i do not use illegal substances :p) - when am i not on E.

And thank you...i have to admit, i wrote it myself. Does this mean you understand french?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
lourai*87 said:
Of course im on E (in the technological sense...i do not use illegal substances :p) - when am i not on E.

And thank you...i have to admit, i wrote it myself. Does this mean you understand french?
What? French?

I was talking about
""But you make me so unhappy
I'd take my life and leave love with you.." ~ Pantera"
Pantera are an awesome band

& the E i was talking about is ex, ekkies, bickies, E, X , XTC, ecstasy, pills

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Korn said:

btw <3 ur sig
HAHHAHHAHA the whole time i was reading that, i was thinking that and sniggering.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
lol..i remember e-crushes
like my friends would chat to people and "fall in love with them"
they would even go as far as printing their pics and putting them in their wallets
telling people they were their b/fs
im talking about yr7/8
but they lived in america or whatever..

FuQ

Banned
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
Yes, there's many cases like that where the chick gets so cut cuz she's 2 dumb 2 figure out her e-bf is just playing with her...in fact I know of a chick who even considered suicide and she's mmm_sofay...poor girl...

FuQ

Banned
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
e-world is for people who aren't happy with who they are in the real-world :rolleyes:
Indeed, that's true 4 the majority of people on this forum...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)