E3 2012 (1 Viewer)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
e3 2012 is about to start (in fact some companies have already started with pre-e3 announcements)

any expectations? what are you looking forward to?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
here is a video of the nintendo direct conference before e3, detailing some strange yet interesting features for the wii u and also features some absolutely terrible acting

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Wii U is actually piquing my interest, mainly surprised as I thought Wii sucked

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Wii U is actually piquing my interest, mainly surprised as I thought Wii sucked
retro studios are developing something for it and rumours are spreading that they are resurrecting either starfox or f-zero

i'm a huge fan of the metroid prime trilogy and donkey kong country returns, so i'm expecting real gold from them.

my main concern for the wii u thus far is how many of the new wii u gamepad controllers it can support simultaneously

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
I might get the Wii U if games can utilise the gamepad creatively enough

PC will remain my main gaming platform unless Sony or MS show something incredibly awesome for their next gen consoles

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I might get the Wii U if games can utilise the gamepad creatively enough

PC will remain my main gaming platform unless Sony or MS show something incredibly awesome for their next gen consoles
expecting microsoft to unveil something next year and sony then perhaps, although i'm leaning more towards a late 2013, early 2014 announcement for sony's next gen console.

Want to see increased 3rd party support for the wii u, nintendo has always been weak on this front.

although i think they've milked the halo franchise to death, i saw some gameplay videos of halo 4 and am admittedly intrigued by the fact it seems a lot more fluid and faster-paced. Interested to see how it turns out

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
I'm hoping they didn't COD-ify Halo

And I'm hoping MS or Sony just show something similar to how nintendo presented the Wii U last year

mirakon

nigga
HSC
on the wii u front, of the games announced so far the two that interest me most are rayman legends (played rayman origins a fair bit and it was a true return to form for the 2d platformer) and ZombiU (albeit it has a stupid title which will hopefully change). Here is the trailer of the latter:

mirakon

nigga
HSC

ubisoft's conference. Overall pretty good, one or two surprises, and they are hyping up assassin's creed III quite effectively. flo rida cameo was pretty lame, but demonstrates they're willing (i.e. rich enough) to pull out the big guns to market their titles.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

meh no real surprises and kinda bland. Smart glass seems cool as a concept i guess, but the lack of buttons imo impairs its ability for greater scope in the gaming world

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC
Good:
Halo 4
The Last of Us
Watch Dogs
Tomb Raider

Bad:
pretty much everything else

mirakon

nigga
HSC

haven't watched it yet. Expectations aren't that high though

Thief

!!
HSC
AC3 AC3 AC3 AC3 AC3 AC3 AC3 AC3 AC3 AC3 AC3 AC3 AC3
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Yet to watch any of the conference vids, although I heard that there's a Dead Space 3 co-op (sounds cool) and Far Cry 3 co-op (which apparently looks generic)

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC

haven't watched it yet. Expectations aren't that high though
Man MS was pre bad, I though Sony would smash them bet there keynote was even worse

Just skip to the last 5 minutes and watch gameplay of The last Of Us

Thief

!!
HSC
Man MS was pre bad, I though Sony would smash them bet there keynote was even worse

Just skip to the last 5 minutes and watch gameplay of The last Of Us
Pity that its a ps3 exclusive, looks pretty good.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
just saw nintendo's conference. It was pleasing to see the 3rd party support, something Nintendo has probably achieved to this scale for the first time. However, i think they missed a real opportunity to announce an absolutely killer first party line-up and its a shame that nothing from zelda, metroid, starfox, f-zero and dozens of their other franchises was even hinted at. Also, WHAT ON EARTH IS RETRO STUDIOS DEVELOPING STOP HIDING IT DAMN YOU NINTENDO. Would also have liked more hardware details on the Wii U, but I guess they may go into that tomorrow (they pretty much have a second, smaller conference tomorrow). Also no pricing, release date details, I am disappoint :(

not a bad conference by any means, I just think they should have covered more, but as i said earlier, maybe they will tomorrow.

also this game looks surprisingly fun lol

Last edited:

cheezcake

Callipygian Member
HSC

This was what I was talking about, but I understand that this is conceptual and the real thing probably won't be anywhere near as cool as this
but still
could be gewd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)