Early entries (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
When considering an SRS application, do all unis look at year 11 results?

If my year 11 results were all top 10 ranks and 5 A's 1 B, will MQ SRS consider me for Bpsych (honours)? (my subjects: Adv Eng, adv math, bio, pdhpe, legal, history ext and ancient) although i dropped adv math halfway through year 12

And if I do get accepted for SRS, can I still defer it and apply through my ATAR instead?

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
When considering an SRS application, do all unis look at year 11 results?
Participating institutions may use one or more of the following criteria listed when considering your application:
  • your Year 11 studies
  • your school’s rating of your abilities in different areas of study
  • your school’s rating of your aptitudes
  • your Educational Access Schemes (EAS) application (if applicable)
  • institution-specific documents (if applicable).

If my year 11 results were all top 10 ranks and 4 A's 1 B, will MQ SRS consider me for Bpsych? (my subjects: Adv Eng, adv math, bio, pdhpe, legal, history ext and ancient) although i dropped adv math halfway through year 12
Macquarie University's Bachelor of Psychology requires an 80 selection rank. Your year 11 marks are definitely high enough to match (and even exceed) Macquarie University's requirements.

I got 2 MQ and one UTS offer through SRS with inferior year 11 results to yours.

And if I do get accepted for SRS, can I still defer it and apply through my ATAR instead?
Absolutely, which is what I did when I did my HSC.

I hope this helps! 😄

zizi2003_

HSC
Participating institutions may use one or more of the following criteria listed when considering your application:

Macquarie University's Bachelor of Psychology requires an 80 selection rank. Your year 11 marks are definitely high enough to match (and even exceed) Macquarie University's requirements.

I got 2 MQ and one UTS offer through SRS with inferior year 11 results to yours.

I hope this helps! 😄
Thank you so so much!!!!!!!!! :))

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Can confirm that Macquarie looks at year 11 results/co-curricular as part of the application process for early entry.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
And yes, you can defer your SRS place and wait for ATAR too :)

ssoans

HSC
  • your Year 11 studies
  • your school’s rating of your abilities in different areas of study
  • your school’s rating of your aptitudes
  • your Educational Access Schemes (EAS) application (if applicable)
  • institution-specific documents (if applicable).

I hope this helps! 😄

For The University of Sydney's Bachelor of Physchology a 95 atar is required. What types of year 11 marks would I need for that?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
For The University of Sydney's Bachelor of Physchology a 95 atar is required. What types of year 11 marks would I need for that?
For a course with such a high ATAR requirement, you should focus your efforts on maximising your marks, preferrably 90+ across your subjects.

quickoats

HSC
Afaik Usyd does not do early entry. It’s version of early entry (E12) is a different idea altogether.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)