Early entry and Applying through UAC. (1 Viewer)

HSC
What's the goddamn dealio. How do you apply through UAC.. is that the one where you have to pay a fee. Never really took any interest in the whole process until this time.

So do i log onto the UAC with the pin they gave us and fill in the relevant forms? Ja?

Thanks.

Andi0390

HSC
Early entry is a system that a few universities run that allow you to gain entrance before the HSC. To do this you generally apply through both the university and UAC, and then have to gather a sort of porfolio with a few essays, recent reports and reccommendations from teachers. Then you go for an interview.

Most people generally just apply through UAC. You go on to the site and follow the apply by web instructions (like someone else said). It costs about $30 for year 12 applicants, and $50ish for NRSL.

I know it seems pretty early to pick a university and course, but you change preferences right up until January.

Also, if you are wanting to live on campus at a prospective university look into applying soon. You have to do this generally before you receive and offer, and some offer on a first in first served basis.

HSC
Early entry is a system that a few universities run that allow you to gain entrance before the HSC. To do this you generally apply through both the university and UAC, and then have to gather a sort of porfolio with a few essays, recent reports and reccommendations from teachers. Then you go for an interview.

Most people generally just apply through UAC. You go on to the site and follow the apply by web instructions (like someone else said). It costs about $30 for year 12 applicants, and $50ish for NRSL.

I know it seems pretty early to pick a university and course, but you change preferences right up until January.

Also, if you are wanting to live on campus at a prospective university look into applying soon. You have to do this generally before you receive and offer, and some offer on a first in first served basis.

Yes just asked my brother who coincidentally knew... ha.. Anyone got any tips for early entry interviews?

Andi0390

HSC
Well if you haven't got onto applying for early entry I would do that now. Entry closes earlier than normal applications.

Interview advice...even though you sent them a portfolio, bring your own. It shows organisation and if you need to explain anything you can have it in front of you.

Choose essays that are well written and marked well, but maybe also look for something where "your voice" really comes through. Something that isn't just a good essay, but one that demonstrates a little about you. I am not sure if HSC students have to supply an essay - I needed to if I wanted to do it because I was an ACT student.

Think about everything that you give them, including recommendations and be prepared to answer questions about them. Like why you chose those classes, why you responded to the essay question like this etc.

They are going to ask you why you are applying for the applicable course (probably) and try and give a good reason. Don't just say, oh I thought it would be fun, or they pay good, or that you have nothing else better to do. Really have it set in mind your goals, and your motives. Even if they change later on.

Remember that the interviewer is not judging you, they are judging the facade you put up. Shake hands when you enter but do not intrude in their personal space. Don't fidget, when you smile make eye contact. Don't smile unneccisarily. Don't laugh needlessly, that weirds people out. Don't cross your arms or hunch or look down, look calm, open and present. Listen to the questions that they ask and answer them fully.

Just prove that you are going to do well in your exams and that you would be an asset to their university.

They are my tips.

*rUsTy*

HSC
I'll ad my question in without starting a new thread.

I did the HSC in 2007. Did a Diploma in 2008 and am in a course now which is finished in December and which I will graduate from next April. I want to apply for Uni for next year.

I just want to know, on the application form in regards to prior tertiary education, do they accept a course that I haven't finished yet? I graduate in April and therefore probably wouldn't get my transcript until then... do I need to attatch or send my transcript as part of my application?

I should probably just check the type of questions they ask for myself but I haven't registered yet... just wondering if anyone on here knows.

Andi0390

HSC
If your course finishes in December then you should be able to get your transcript then. If you cannot prove your results you cannot use that part of the qualification. It would be best to contact UAC probably to discuss this - but if you cannot prove your qualification or results they cannot very well accept that - anyone could do that.

Honestly I think the best thing to do is to contact UAC.

*rUsTy*

HSC
Thanks for that. I have contacted UAC... they just take a while to respond. What you all said makes sense though. I asked my Unit Co-ordinator and he said he's able to get a transcription for half the course so it's in time for the early applications. Better than nothing I suppose.

Andi0390

HSC
I don't know if early applications work for non HSC students. They are designed to alleviate the stress of the HSC (I think) so I can't imagine why someone else would do it.

I would just go with the standard round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)