Early Entry Concern (1 Viewer)

Habib

HSC
hey guys, I would like to see how id go in Early Entry interview this october. Ive applied for Informatics/ComputerScience.
I wanna know if I will do good or if im not up to their standards...

Here are my results:
IPT - 74/100 (Trial: 1/39 Rank: 1/39)
SDD - 64/100 (Trial: 1/12 Rank: 2/12)
Standard English - 70/100 (Trial: n/a Rank: 25/89)
I cant remember my math 2u, math 3u and physics marks though.

For my SDD's major assessment project, I came first with 98%, 50 pages of excellent coding im really proud off, hehe...
And for my last IPT assessment, Expert Systems assignment, i got 100%, equal with 3 others.

How would I go with Early Entry? My trial marks arent the best, but I think they are aight compared to the other students in my school.

Anyone who has gone for Early Entry, what sort of marks have you got? I would like to hear from those going this year and the ones that have gone last year and so on.

Thanks guys! :)

Ninga

HSC
You'll be right son. Marks are important, but not that important. I think the people who run early entry understand that it is those who are truly interested in their courses are the ones who will be the most successful. If comp sci/informatics is what you are after, then all you have to do is show those interviewers your interest. Your marks are fine i think, its more about the rank.

I got unconditional early entry into medical radiation physics like 2 years ago (2001 was when i finish high school). I had pretty high marks if i remember correctly, I topped a few subjects in my year. But chances are they have gotten more selective since then due to the huge number of people trying to enrol these days. But good luck to you hey.

santaslayer

HSC
If the criterion has not changed since last year then yes, you will make the Early Entry thing quite easily. I had friends who didn't get anywhere near your marks who got in easy. :p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, that should be sufficient... I know a lot of people who have got in with worse.

Habib

HSC
thanks guys,

Would be pretty good if I can really find out for sure now, like if they move the interviews to this week or something. October 1st is really a bad date, because Im gonna end up getting my results a week before the HSC. I dont wanna study and stress myself out that whole time and find out ive been accepted. Also, I dont wanna do nothing for this couple of weeks and then find out I didnt get accepted and only have 1 week to study for the HSC, then im really dead...

Ninga

HSC
Back in my day, we got confirmation of a place pretty early, i think i got mine midway through term 3. But I had my interview pretty early in the year, I think maybe at the start of term 3, and then like 2 or 3 weeks later i got the offer. But, back in my day, I don't think they had as much demand as they have now. How times have changed...

Trent566

HSC
N/A
Hi all, I just registed for the early entry program of Bachelor of Computer Science and Bachelor of Internet Science and Technology. My trial marks are as followed:

Standard English: 54% Rank: 5/63 Cumulative Rank: 21/63
General Maths: 77% Rank: 1/54 Cumulative Rank: 1/54
Chemistry: 71% Rank: 3/13 Cumulative Rank: 4/13 (I think)
IPT: 56% Rank: 3/22 Cumulative Rank: unknown
SDD: havent come out yet but my project work: 87% Rank: 2/13 Cumulative Rank: 1 or 2/13
SDD half yearly result: 80% Rank: 1/13

The marks arent that impressive because our year is a bit below the average this year. However my rank are so far so good, well above the average except for SDD which hasnt come out yet. Although Im doing General Maths but I have successfully came first of the year even the cumulative rank. Any chance I could get into the early entry of Computer Science and Internet Science and Techology? Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Ninga

HSC
We can only speculate mate. Unfortunately we don't regulate. We aren't the regulators. Go Warren G. So good luck with everything kid.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
hey i have a 37/120i think i win. did i mention i suck at maths? but my rank isnt that bad hmmm

neuro_logik

HSC
I'm going for early entry too, my ranks are pretty shithouse (average in the middle ranks, except for IPT and SDD... single digits baby ;) ). But as I see it, all you need is to show them that you are interested in the course and the university, but also have determination and commitment. So be positive and know you can do it... like in the matrix "Don't think you are... Know you are" (Yes, yes I have no life :( ), and believe that you will get there

Last edited:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Getting early entry at UoW isn't hard at all. Honestly they let anyone in. All you need to do is bollocks your interview.

Good choice in degree, by the way. Programming for all! :D

santaslayer

HSC
I kinow some turds that got in...

What they look for is the marks of the relavent subject which will correspond with your future tertiary degree. eg. IPT/SDD for computer degrees. If you have a low band 5 you will get in easy...anywhere below that and they''ll probably look at your english/m,aths /overall marks too. :)

Habib

HSC
hmmm bands.... how do i find out what band im in for the trial marks i got?

Ninga

HSC
I dont think they really worry about the bands for early entry, they get determined later on after u've done your final hsc exams. Santa probably means marks above 80. However, they would probably give a lot of attention to rank as well, as we all know that not all schools have the same assessments, etc. But it is shit easy to get in. Just don't stress too much, look clean and respectable, and suck up when they ask u questions, and u'll be fine.

santaslayer

HSC
Ninga said:
I dont think they really worry about the bands for early entry, they get determined later on after u've done your final hsc exams. Santa probably means marks above 80. However, they would probably give a lot of attention to rank as well, as we all know that not all schools have the same assessments, etc. But it is shit easy to get in. Just don't stress too much, look clean and respectable, and suck up when they ask u questions, and u'll be fine.
That is exactly what SantaSlayer meant. :)

Gilbert

TheLAD
HSC
N/A
The B. Computer Science interview seemed easy. They just asked a bunch of questions took a look at my marks and all the projects and stuff I had done over the past few years. Should be a fun course. Looking forward to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)