Early Entry for 2006 (1 Viewer)

aaaman

Banned
HSC
i got my trial results back wiv all my subjects in the mid 70s(%) but da skool lost my english exam n i strangely didnt go well in 1 of my good subjects. do i have a good chance n r they interested in da assessments that i have done during da yr

Jaydels

HSC
I haven't applied yet, but i want to apply for Bachelor of Science. My marks have been pretty ordinary so far...I'm still waiting on chem, physics and half of english

Scanorama

HSC
Jaydels said:
I haven't applied yet, but i want to apply for Bachelor of Science. My marks have been pretty ordinary so far...I'm still waiting on chem, physics and half of english
it doesnt hurt to try does it?

aaaman

Banned
HSC
My Trial Results

English 55/105*
2U Maths 91/120
Physics 50/100
Legal Studies 71/100
Software Design & Development 74/100
**CSSA PAPER
* my journeys paper is based on an estimation since they lost it :S

Do i have a chance of getting in with Computer Enginnering? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
you can always try.

UOW accept alot of computer engineering students, so there is still a chance.

your maths/software marks aren't thaaaat bad. Although I suggest you do the bridging course over summer since you didn't do 3U.
and for physics too, there is alot of physics in first year which you will never use again.

Ninga

HSC
Physics is the only real physical science.

If you are interested then apply. None of us are on any committees which have any powers over early entry acceptance. Im sure generally that if you really want to do the degree, then you will have no trouble finding a way in, whatever way that may be. Good luck.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
well my physics mark r should b better if i didnt have an idiot that bases his answers on the sample answer instead of the marking creatia

kkitty56

HSC
Early Entry UOW

Argh! I applied for early entry into the b Science (Physical Geog) and my trial marks weren't very pleasing! R they likely to dismiss my application when i send them my rankings n report n what not? Would my Geog marks from school cert n yr 11 have any influence? I've been 2nd (yr11) n im about 4th now due to poor trial efforts.. Chemistry isn't bad.. I've risen 4 rankings so im 8th.. Bio - oh god.. the average for trial wasnt even a pass! Im planning on applying for the chem n physics bridging courses.. tho im not sure if i actually need the physics one (praying i dont lol)
Any help would be good!!

StevChe

HSC
hey guys u reckon i will get into early entry wit these marks?im applying for internet science and technology and computer science
eng adv - 70/100 rank 7/31
eco - 71/100 rank 3/12
maths gen 63/100 rank 8/74
legal - 79/100 rank 5/19
sdd - 52/100 rank 3/7

Also have very good reference from sdd head teacher and good hsc assement marks for sdd that i wil b using, all band 5's

thanx guys :)

DeanM

HSC
hey im applying for civil engineering early entry, last week i went to the information night at the uni and i was talking to a man who normally conducts the interviews and he asked me how my marks were, and he said that basically for engineering they really like you to have ext maths, adv maths, and physics.
i told him that i only do adv maths, and physics and he seemed pretty confident that i would get accepted if my marks were over 72%. although i dont do ext maths he said that they can provide students who didnt do well in certain subjects with bridging type courses.
my marks for physics and adv maths were:

adv maths 79%
physics 82 %

aaaman

Banned
HSC
DeanM said:
hey im applying for civil engineering early entry, last week i went to the information night at the uni and i was talking to a man who normally conducts the interviews and he asked me how my marks were, and he said that basically for engineering they really like you to have ext maths, adv maths, and physics.
i told him that i only do adv maths, and physics and he seemed pretty confident that i would get accepted if my marks were over 72%. although i dont do ext maths he said that they can provide students who didnt do well in certain subjects with bridging type courses.
my marks for physics and adv maths were:

adv maths 79%
physics 82 %
1st of all what paper(CSSA OR IND...etc)? 2nd where are the rest of ur marks? n 3rd wheres ur ranks? its the rank NOT the mark that counts

aaaman

Banned
HSC
StevChe said:
hey guys u reckon i will get into early entry wit these marks?im applying for internet science and technology and computer science
eng adv - 70/100 rank 7/31
eco - 71/100 rank 3/12
maths gen 63/100 rank 8/74
legal - 79/100 rank 5/19
sdd - 52/100 rank 3/7

Also have very good reference from sdd head teacher and good hsc assement marks for sdd that i wil b using, all band 5's

thanx guys :)

well maths gen may put u on conditional entry since the requirements for it 2 b 2U maths but ur rank is pretty good so i dunno :) but that sdd mark is a shocka since ur rank is pretty good...wat paper did ya do?

StevChe

HSC
soz aaaman i hav no idea wat paper it is!lol it was hard though ICT department had outsourced it thats all i no...

You think cuz i did 2 unit maths in yr 11 would that make a difference 4 early entry?

:)

aaaman

Banned
HSC
StevChe said:
soz aaaman i hav no idea wat paper it is!lol it was hard though ICT department had outsourced it thats all i no...

You think cuz i did 2 unit maths in yr 11 would that make a difference 4 early entry?

:)
i dont think so unless you have a good reason as to y u droppped it

StevChe

HSC
i use to do bus stud. as well work load was too much so i dropped maths and then i ended up dropping bus in yr 12 cuz teacher was fuk! :(

aaaman

Banned
HSC
StevChe said:
i use to do bus stud. as well work load was too much so i dropped maths and then i ended up dropping bus in yr 12 cuz teacher was fuk! :(
well u should off dropped of business like me in da beginnering :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)