Early Entry for 2006 (1 Viewer)

DeanM

HSC
Murf said:
Dean have u called them?

Mruf
nah not yet... im going to give them a call on wed or thurs if it isnt here yet...
im so tempted to know my result, and the uni would have made up their mind about me so if i did call them, or email them, they should be able to tell me... but yea, ill leave it for afew more days... then call

Last edited:

Ninga

HSC
How was your interview for Medical Radiation Physics anyways? You got interviewed by Dr Michael Lerch right, and taken around by Heidi on your tour??

Antwan23q

God
HSC
Ninga said:
How was your interview for Medical Radiation Physics anyways? You got interviewed by Dr Michael Lerch right, and taken around by Heidi on your tour??
it went well but i didnt go on a tour...
im just waitin for the results

Antwan23q

God
HSC
well i decided to call the engineering department, and they said that they are sending the letters out this week, and the latest we will recieve them is next week.

DeanM

HSC
my letter came today...
i got a conditional offer, i need to get 72/100 for 2u maths. and a minimum uai of 75... i think the maths mark will be easy, for the uai might be difficult cause i only have 10 units and i do SDD, and i HAAAAAAAATE it, not to mention i suck at it. so hopefully i get the maths mark, then can call them up and say why i didnt reach the uai... they also told me that i should apply for the bridging course for chem in feb 2006, because i didnt do chem for the hsc ( droped it in yr 11 )...
anyway good luck to everyone else, hope your letter was alittle more pleasing than mine..

aaaman

Banned
HSC
DeanM said:
my letter came today...
i got a conditional offer, i need to get 72/100 for 2u maths. and a minimum uai of 75... i think the maths mark will be easy, for the uai might be difficult cause i only have 10 units and i do SDD, and i HAAAAAAAATE it, not to mention i suck at it. so hopefully i get the maths mark, then can call them up and say why i didnt reach the uai... they also told me that i should apply for the bridging course for chem in feb 2006, because i didnt do chem for the hsc ( droped it in yr 11 )...
anyway good luck to everyone else, hope your letter was alittle more pleasing than mine..
urs is better than mine, i gotta get 80 for maths even tho i got 77% in da CSSA trails =/ some of da shit they do dont make sense but at least mine doesnt ask for a minuimin uai so my other subjects are good 4 their standards

bechic

I rang the uni today anyone who applied for early entry population health the letters are going in the mail this arvo.

_Mave_

HSC
I got mine today for Mechanical Engineering, I got exactly the same as DeanM,

I need to get a minimum Mathematics mark of 72/100 and a minimum UAI of 75, I also got a sentance saying if I get under 78 for a UAI I may be required to enrol in the Engineering Opportunity Program, and because I didn't do chemistry I may have to do a bridging course (btw anyone know how much chemistry is involved in engineering).

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
_Mave_ said:
I got mine today for Mechanical Engineering, I got exactly the same as DeanM,

I need to get a minimum Mathematics mark of 72/100 and a minimum UAI of 75, I also got a sentance saying if I get under 78 for a UAI I may be required to enrol in the Engineering Opportunity Program, and because I didn't do chemistry I may have to do a bridging course (btw anyone know how much chemistry is involved in engineering).
There is a fair bit involved from what I've heard from all my engineering friends who continually bitch and whinge about physics and chemistry.

_Mave_

HSC
Thanks Raiks, looks like I may be doing a chemistry bridging course, when I talked to UNSW people they suggested a 3 unit maths bridging course, still wondering if thats worth doing at UOW, well good luck to everyone else still to get their early entry letters

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
_Mave_ said:
Thanks Raiks, looks like I may be doing a chemistry bridging course, when I talked to UNSW people they suggested a 3 unit maths bridging course, still wondering if thats worth doing at UOW, well good luck to everyone else still to get their early entry letters
Don't do a 3U maths course. If maths is compulsory, you'll have the choice between MATH187 or MATH141. If you feel your maths isn't strong enough, do MATH141. If you're a student of General Mathematics, you'll need to do MATH151 in first semester, MATH161 in second semester, and in summer you'll need to do MATH162 to finish maths before the start of second year.

DeanM

HSC
do you think if i dont get the UAI, because my SDD marks are just too low, however my maths, physics, and english marks are quite good.. do you think they will let me in ? cause SDD has NOTHING to do with civil engineering???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)