• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Early Entry Question please answer if u can (1 Viewer)

Jess_L

3rd Year UOW Student
HSC
Hi, I am applying for early entry into Population Health and I really really want to get into it so bad. I've always wanted to go to Wollongong uni even though I live 5 hours away. I loved it when we went to the discovery days this year.

Anyway does anyone know what the information day on October 1st is all about and when do u get interviewed???? And what kinds of things do u get asked in the interview?

Thanks

Jess

spotfire

The discovery day seems to be about what your options are as far as the degree structure goes, what subjects you can do, what opportunities you will have at the end and so on. Basically just letting you know if the degree is really for you.

The interview day and time is not known yet, those that are successful will get a letter giving them a time, a place, and a number which tells you where and when you will get interviewed.

Basically in the interview (I did one for informatics) you get asked what you want to do as a career, what strikes you as interesting about the degree, what you find particularily interesting about the field and why you want to do it, and they also look over your grades and school report and such, especially subjects that relate to your chosen degree.

All they are really looking for is that you are going to be the right student for the degree, you are going to be interested in it, and you are going to be able to complete it.

spotfire

To add to my last post, there is a contact name and number of the information sheet for Early entry. I would suggest that if you have any problems or queries, contact these people.

Most of the staff at Uni will want to help you make the right choice and guide you in the right direction, they understand how you feel. A lot of students see Uni as this big thing where it is all formal and the staff will be all strict and mean, but if you try, im sure in most cases they will be friendly and helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)