Early entry question (1 Viewer)

MosuKay^^

HSC
How much do y11 marks affect early entry chances and is it worth putting that effort to try to get into early entry?

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
How much do y11 marks affect early entry chances and is it worth putting that effort to try to get into early entry?
Yahallo (lol noticed ur pfp)

I’m pretty sure some universities may look at it more than others, for example I’m applying to ANU’s early entry program and they seem to make a decision solely based off year 11 results. However this might vary from university to university as some might prefer to have both Year 11 and semester 1 of Year 12, not quite sure though.

I’d still put in the effort regardless though to leave options open.

quickoats

HSC
Early entry tends to be quite lenient so don’t worry too much, but definitely don’t slack off.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
As was mentioned above, which year’s marks are required will depend on the uni.

Is it worth the effort? Absolutely! Especially if you can get an early offer for your dream course. It will make your HSC journey much easier/less stressful in my opinion.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
As mentioned again, they do matter of course depending on the university. For example, USYD's early entry E12 scheme does not consider your year 11 marks, but MQ's leaders and achievers scheme does!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm slightly worried about my grades at the moment because MQ says that you need to be "performing well academically in Year 11" so what do they define as academically well?
I would assume that “academically well” means at least band 5’s by Macquarie University standards.

quickoats

HSC
I'm slightly worried about my grades at the moment because MQ says that you need to be "performing well academically in Year 11" so what do they define as academically well?
Really depends on the degree. I'm assuming you're interested in actuarial early entry? I'd say A's and B's should definitely cover it, with A's in 2U and MX1.

quickoats

HSC
I have A's and B's right now, except I have B's for both math advanced and math extension :(
Idk how lenient they are (pretty lenient but not too sure as to what extent) but if you have a good written application you'll definitely have a chance. If not actuarial, they will be able to offer you a similar degree with a lower entry requirement e.g. Applied Finance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)