Early Entry Re-assessed (1 Viewer)

glo-stick91

HSC
Hey Everyone

I was just wondering if anyone else here got an email from wollongong uni about accepted early entry yesterday?

Because even though i didn't previously meet the conditions of my conditional entry, i still got an offer which said my application had been "re-assessed" and was now accepted, as long as i put it as my first eligible preference on uac :)

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same position?

:spin:

bio_nut

HSC
Lol, this happened to people I know last year, who got UAIs of like 50.

Generally it's because UoW isn't popular enough to fill all it's spots otherwise.

If you really want it, go for it though.

glo-stick91

HSC
Lol, this happened to people I know last year, who got UAIs of like 50.

Generally it's because UoW isn't popular enough to fill all it's spots otherwise.

If you really want it, go for it though.

Well I only got in the 60's for my atar so any offer I get I'm gonna take. lol.

Otherwise I have to go to like Canberra, UWS or something like that, and I've wanted to go to UOW for ages anyway so I'm happy :)

glo-stick91

HSC
Thanks bio-nut :)

I'll do my best! The new problem I have is finding somewhere to live.... lol.

Oh- and finding a new job

Lachycharts

Don't afraid of anything!
HSC
Congrats!
Early entry is early entry so no point splitting hairs :)

mat-thew

HSC
Thanks bio-nut :)

I'll do my best! The new problem I have is finding somewhere to live.... lol.

Oh- and finding a new job
You should totally live on campus, you should definitely join the Weerona crew.

glo-stick91

HSC
Thanks Lachy - That's true. All it takes is a foot in the door :)

And Mat - I thought it was too late to apply for on campus accommodation? But that would be pretty cool :)

Lachycharts

Don't afraid of anything!
HSC
Thanks Lachy - That's true. All it takes is a foot in the door :)

And Mat - I thought it was too late to apply for on campus accommodation? But that would be pretty cool :)
Well, I am unsure how quickly filled all the campuses get (some such as Weerona get filled up very quickly I am told) but you should ring up UOW and see if there is any hope of being considered. It's worth a try :)

HSC
Hey Everyone

I was just wondering if anyone else here got an email from wollongong uni about accepted early entry yesterday?

Because even though i didn't previously meet the conditions of my conditional entry, i still got an offer which said my application had been "re-assessed" and was now accepted, as long as i put it as my first eligible preference on uac :)

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same position?

:spin:

Hey
yeh, I got that email as well =) very happy haha..
so what course did you get into??
I've already applied for campus-but still not sure if i'll get in coz i applied a bit late...
anyways, might see you there :haha:

glo-stick91

HSC
Hey
yeh, I got that email as well =) very happy haha..
so what course did you get into??
I've already applied for campus-but still not sure if i'll get in coz i applied a bit late...
anyways, might see you there :haha:

Hey King Nothing!
That's awesome!
I got into the Bachelor of Media and Communications (Journalism) so im stoked about that :sun: What about you?
Yeah, by the time I was ready to look at on campus accomodation, applications were closed. But it should hopefully be ok coz I've got a few other friends moving down there this year for uni so we're all looking at moving in to a house together:) But good luck getting your accommodation :)
Yeah, for sure.
:)

rx34

HSC
Hey OP, you should apply for college even if you think there are no more spots left. I don't think there is a closing date for college applications (just call them for spots first).For example, I know many colleges start giving out offers as early as November, but I just got 2 offers. I got interviewed on Wednesday (via phone) and received my offer on thursday.

glo-stick91

HSC
Hey OP, you should apply for college even if you think there are no more spots left. I don't think there is a closing date for college applications (just call them for spots first).For example, I know many colleges start giving out offers as early as November, but I just got 2 offers. I got interviewed on Wednesday (via phone) and received my offer on thursday.
Thanks rx :)
The funny thing is, the day I got the email about re-assessing my application thing, I was at the options day at wollongong uni and spoke to wollongong college reps with my friends, fully intending to fill out the application when i got home. But then yeah, i got the email and the rest is history.
'But i had been looking at Macleay and APM for their journalism courses for a while now. But if it comes to it, then maybe i'll look at the colleges again.
Congrats! Which courses at which colleges did you get an offer for?

HSC
I wanted to go to UOW, so I aimed for what I needed and was only 2 marks off in the end. It has nothing to so with bludging. And it's my local uni so no, I won't be travelling "for hours", mind you, I'll still be moving down there. If I went to somewhere up in sydney, then I would be travelling hours.

haha wow, I was 2 marks away as well.. I needed an 80 for Ancient History and 80 for English Advanced. I managaed to get 82 for Eng, but only 78 for Ancient sigh*... but still got in :devil:
btw, nice come back!! I'm with you on that one. UOW has pretty good reputation, from wat i've heard anyway.. although, il be travelling like 5 1/2 hours to get there, but it'll be well worth it :D
I'm doing B International Studies/B Commerce :angry:
yeh.. I hope I'l be able to get into campus. But anyway, goodluck with yours too!

glo-stick91

HSC
haha wow, I was 2 marks away as well.. I needed an 80 for Ancient History and 80 for English Advanced. I managaed to get 82 for Eng, but only 78 for Ancient sigh*... but still got in :devil:
btw, nice come back!! I'm with you on that one. UOW has pretty good reputation, from wat i've heard anyway.. although, il be travelling like 5 1/2 hours to get there, but it'll be well worth it :D
I'm doing B International Studies/B Commerce :angry:
yeh.. I hope I'l be able to get into campus. But anyway, goodluck with yours too!
Haha. Thanks :)
Yeah, i needed 80 in legal studies and ancient history but i got 78 in legal and a 77 in ancient, so technically 2 and 3 marks off, but still close enough :) Well done on getting 82 in english by the way. That's a good mark.
Yeah, well UOW is (as the brochure i once read said) apparently ranked in the top 2% of uni's worldwide or something. lol (not 100% sure on that one but it still sounds impressive).
5 and a half hours?! Where on earth are you from? lol. Yes, i'm sure it will be worth it :)
Wow-that seems like a pretty cool course. International studies would be fun :)
Well i hope you get in too. And thank you!
Might see you down there

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Yeah, i needed 80 in legal studies and ancient history but i got 78 in legal and a 77 in ancient, so technically 2 and 3 marks off, but still close enough :) Well done on getting 82 in english by the way. That's a good mark.
Yeah, well UOW is (as the brochure i once read said) apparently ranked in the top 2% of uni's worldwide or something. lol (not 100% sure on that one but it still sounds impressive).
5 and a half hours?! Where on earth are you from? lol. Yes, i'm sure it will be worth it :)
Might see you down there
that is what im talking about, im guessing she means getting there and getting back, mmm all that time on a train, does it seem worth it??

its not like it would be very effective study time either

HSC
Might see you down there

haha nice, i only got 76 in legal... thanks! your marks are pretty good too :)
Yeh I think the 2% is suppose to mean that UOW is in the top 200 universities worldwide or something..
Yep, for international studies you get to travel to another country to study for a session-so it's gonna be awesome!! :spin:
can't wait to move down there; beach there and everthing :sun:haha

HSC
that is what im talking about, im guessing she means getting there and getting back, mmm all that time on a train, does it seem worth it??

its not like it would be very effective study time either

nahh, it's gonna take around 5 1/2 hours to get there (not back as well).. so yeh it's gonna suck!! but it's not like il be going back and forwards all the time. Also the thing is, I prefer UOW over UC, CSU, and ANU-in which those uni's are closer, but will also take hours (1 or 2 1/5 to get there).
+ UOW has the course I really want to study, the enviroment there, + some of my mates are down there too. So it's really up to what you like and if your up for it or not-in which I am! So it's worth it for me.
Anyway, which uni are you going?? if it's not UOW-no offense, why're you here??

spazamataz

HSC
nahh, it's gonna take around 5 1/2 hours to get there (not back as well).. so yeh it's gonna suck!! but it's not like il be going back and forwards all the time. Also the thing is, I prefer UOW over UC, CSU, and ANU-in which those uni's are closer, but will also take hours (1 or 2 1/5 to get there).
+ UOW has the course I really want to study, the enviroment there, + some of my mates are down there too. So it's really up to what you like and if your up for it or not-in which I am! So it's worth it for me.
Anyway, which uni are you going?? if it's not UOW-no offense, why're you here??
Whoa. This is just freaky. UC, CSU and ANU are all 1 - 2.5 hours to get there from where I am too. But UOW is just 3-4 hours for me. hmmmm....

HSC
Whoa. This is just freaky. UC, CSU and ANU are all 1 - 2.5 hours to get there from where I am too. But UOW is just 3-4 hours for me. hmmmm....

haha serious?? am I just a slow driver or something lol
or was there just a traffic jam when I went down there? Or, did I take a long route getting there.. anyways you must be somewhere near bathurst or orange then...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)