Early entry / SRS (maths) academic requirements? (1 Viewer)

chuuerrydrops_

HSC
I'm currently researching early entry / SRS based on Year 11 marks (admittedly a bit early but I'm paranoid about doing well). My prelims are in a few weeks but I'm worried that my Advanced Maths results won't make the cut.
For the rest of my subjects, I'm averaging 80-90%, but my average in Maths is edging on 50% after 2 badly timed formal exams / assessment tasks due to family situations. I was offered an appeal form for the assessments after I'd completed both, but I didn't think much of it because I assumed not much would change yet it's worrying me now. Even if I manage to get 90+ on my prelim exam, I won't have an average of more than 70%.

1) In past years I've done a lot better in maths, so would making an SRS application when the time comes and explaining what happened make any difference since my previous aptitude(?) has been good? Not really sure how that works, but my teacher can attest that my classwork and informal tests in Maths are fine, it was just these 2 formal assessments that brought my average down.
2) If you do well in all subjects but one (Advanced Maths in my case), is there still a chance at getting early entry (whether I can explain my situation or not)? Like is there a requirement that you have to get certain scores or averages etc?

I know Maths Advanced is really important for a lot of degrees and my hopes aren't high. I'm upset that I didn't take the appeal forms when they were offered, but I know early entry isn't the be-all end-all. However, I'd still like to apply if possible! Thank you for any advice and responses in advance :)

cossine

HSC
I'm currently researching early entry / SRS based on Year 11 marks (admittedly a bit early but I'm paranoid about doing well). My prelims are in a few weeks but I'm worried that my Advanced Maths results won't make the cut.
For the rest of my subjects, I'm averaging 80-90%, but my average in Maths is edging on 50% after 2 badly timed formal exams / assessment tasks due to family situations. I was offered an appeal form for the assessments after I'd completed both, but I didn't think much of it because I assumed not much would change yet it's worrying me now. Even if I manage to get 90+ on my prelim exam, I won't have an average of more than 70%.

1) In past years I've done a lot better in maths, so would making an SRS application when the time comes and explaining what happened make any difference since my previous aptitude(?) has been good? Not really sure how that works, but my teacher can attest that my classwork and informal tests in Maths are fine, it was just these 2 formal assessments that brought my average down.
2) If you do well in all subjects but one (Advanced Maths in my case), is there still a chance at getting early entry (whether I can explain my situation or not)? Like is there a requirement that you have to get certain scores or averages etc?

I know Maths Advanced is really important for a lot of degrees and my hopes aren't high. I'm upset that I didn't take the appeal forms when they were offered, but I know early entry isn't the be-all end-all. However, I'd still like to apply if possible! Thank you for any advice and responses in advance :)
Just take responsibilty. The early entry although it is something is not that important.

Nezuko----

HSC
I'm remember seeing western sydney's page listing he required grades for their courses. not sure if this is what you wanted tho...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)