early entry? (1 Viewer)

weekend

HSC
hey guys
i'm in my first term of y11 rn and i just got my year 11 grades from NESA.
i'm looking to apply for early entry for nursing but i'm confused as to how all this early entry stuff works : (
would anyone be willing to tell me if the grades i got were sufficient for top nursing schools as well as any good universities that offer early entry for nursing?
thank you!! :)

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
You can be an RN with Cs and Bs someone I know got into a nursing course at western with a report like that.

Nursing actually is decent everywhere unlike law

vivillon

HSC
UTS is great for nursing, pretty sure its highly ranked in the world. They also opened a early entry program there so yeah. Just apply everywhere just in case but early entry is a long time from now so you don't need to focus on writing applications or anything this early. Not sure what your marks were but if you do subjects like chemistry and maths stan/adv, that'd be great since it's assumed knowledge. Check out this thread https://boredofstudies.org/threads/best-uni-for-nursing.390891/

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
UTS is great for nursing, pretty sure its highly ranked in the world. They also opened a early entry program there so yeah. Just apply everywhere just in case but early entry is a long time from now so you don't need to focus on writing applications or anything this early. Not sure what your marks were but if you do subjects like chemistry and maths stan/adv, that'd be great since it's assumed knowledge. Check out this thread https://boredofstudies.org/threads/best-uni-for-nursing.390891/
Screenshot_2021-11-23-22-35-15-78_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
UTS early entry doesn't offer Nursing but I think OP is referring to nursing that can be through early entry otherwise UTS is the best.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Essentially, early entry programs provide students with the opportunity to secure or make progress towards securing a spot at a chosen university for the study of their desired course. In the case of WSU, the HSC True Reward Early Offer Program is WSU's early entry scheme, which allows students to receive an offer to study a particular course based on either their year 11 or year 12 results instead of their ATAR. The Bachelor of Nursing is included as part of this scheme. In order to succeed in receiving an early offer for the Bachelor of Nursing under this scheme, the following year 11 grades are required:
  • Biology - B or above
  • Any 1 of:
    • English Advanced - B or above
    • English Extension 1 - B or above
    • English Extension 2 - B or above
If you aim to secure an offer to study the Bachelor of Nursing using your year 12 results, the following year 12 results are required:
  • Biology - Band 4 or above
  • Any 1 of:
    • English Standard - Band 4 or above
    • English Advanced - Band 4 or above
    • English Extension 1 - E1 or above
    • English Extension 2 - E1 or above
Universities that are generally considered good for nursing are WSU and UTS, although the latter does not include the Bachelor of Nursing as part of its early offer scheme. With that being said, the university that you attend does not hold much significance with respect to studying nursing, as opposed to, perhaps, a Bachelor of Laws, where Go8 universities such as USyd and UNSW might be regarded as a more suitable option.

I hope this helps! :D

weekend

HSC
thank you!!

Last edited:

weekend

HSC
You can be an RN with Cs and Bs someone I know got into a nursing course at western with a report like that.

Nursing actually is decent everywhere unlike law
thank you!!

Last edited:

weekend

HSC
Essentially, early entry programs provide students with the opportunity to secure or make progress towards securing a spot at a chosen university for the study of their desired course. In the case of WSU, the HSC True Reward Early Offer Program is WSU's early entry scheme, which allows students to receive an offer to study a particular course based on either their year 11 or year 12 results instead of their ATAR. The Bachelor of Nursing is included as part of this scheme. In order to succeed in receiving an early offer under this scheme, the following year 11 grades are required:
  • Biology - B or above
  • Any 1 of:
    • English Advanced - B or above
    • English Extension 1 - B or above
    • English Extension 2 - B or above
If you aim to secure an offer using your year 12 results, the following year 12 results are required:
  • Biology - Band 4 or above
  • Any 1 of:
    • English Standard - Band 4 or above
    • English Advanced - Band 4 or above
    • English Extension 1 - E1 or above
    • English Extension 2 - E1 or above
Universities that are generally considered good for nursing are WSU and UTS, although the latter does not include the Bachelor of Nursing as part of its early offer scheme. With that being said, the university that you attend does not hold much significance with respect to studying nursing, as opposed to, perhaps, a Bachelor of Laws, where Go8 universities such as USyd and UNSW might be regarded as a more suitable option.

I hope this helps! :D
wow thank you! this was really detailed and helpful!! i just want to ask you that if i got an A for both bio and eng adv, does that mean i'm guaranteed a place? or are there other factors (do they also look at the other subjects, etc.) also! would there be scholarships for WSU nursing?

weekend

HSC
also does anyone know about USYD for nursing? and whether they offer early entry/scholarships as well as the marks that are required??

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
wow thank you! this was really detailed and helpful!! i just want to ask you that if i got an A for both bio and eng adv, does that mean i'm guaranteed a place? or are there other factors (do they also look at the other subjects, etc.) also! would there be scholarships for WSU nursing?
No worries! If you achieved an A in both Biology and English Advanced, then yes, you are most likely guaranteed an offer. WSU's approach is rather direct with respect to early offers, i.e. if you meet the academic requirements in terms of the specified subjects, you will be offered a place.

There are a number of relevant scholarships offered by WSU's School of Nursing and Midwifery, a list of which can be found using the following link:

also does anyone know about USYD for nursing? and whether they offer early entry/scholarships as well as the marks that are required??
The Early Offer Year 12 (E12) Scheme is USyd's only early entry scheme, which allows you to receive a conditional offer before the HSC results are released.

To be eligible for E12, you will need to be assessed by UAC via their Educational Access Scheme as one or more of the following:
  • Experiencing financial hardship
  • Residing in area of socio-economic disadvantage
  • Attend a rural or regional school
The Bachelor of Nursing (Advanced Studies) is included under this scheme.

weekend

HSC
No worries! If you achieved an A in both Biology and English Advanced, then yes, you are most likely guaranteed an offer. WSU's approach is rather direct with respect to early offers, i.e. if you meet the academic requirements in terms of the specified subjects, you will be offered a place.

There are a number of relevant scholarships offered by WSU's School of Nursing and Midwifery, a list of which can be found using the following link:

The Early Offer Year 12 (E12) Scheme is USyd's only early entry scheme, which allows you to receive a conditional offer before the HSC results are released.

To be eligible for E12, you will need to be assessed by UAC via their Educational Access Scheme as one or more of the following:
  • Experiencing financial hardship
  • Residing in area of socio-economic disadvantage
  • Attend a rural or regional school
The Bachelor of Nursing (Advanced Studies) is included under this scheme.

thank you so much!! really sorry i have one last question, if i were to apply for wsu med would my early offer for nursing at wsu impact my chances is any way? especially possible negative impacts?

specificagent1

HSC
thank you so much!! really sorry i have one last question, if i were to apply for wsu med would my early offer for nursing at wsu impact my chances is any way? especially possible negative impacts?
no, you can apply for as many things and they wont affect each other im pretty sure

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
No worries! As mentioned above, your application for the Doctor of Medicine will not be affected by your early offer for the Bachelor of Nursing in any way. You will be required to apply for those separately, meaning that each application will also be assessed separately.

Regarding the Doctor of Medicine, final offers are made on the basis of:
  • 75% interview performance
  • 25% UCAT performance and meeting the relevant academic threshold.
The steps involved in the process of applying for and hopefully securing an offer to study the Doctor of Medicine are:
  1. Register and sit the UCAT ANZ
  2. Apply through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC)
  3. Multi-Mini-Station Interview (MMI) and Medical Admission Questionnaire
  4. Meet the Academic Threshold
More information about what each process entails can be found using the following link:

[ ]

HSC
Uni Grad
Check the university sites, it will tell you what are the early entry requirements for each degree and how to apply for it.
Example:
WSU True Reward:
https://www.westernsydney.edu.au/future/study/application-pathways/hsc-true-reward
WSU True Reward just tells you what subject bands you need to get into the early entry for a specific degree
UOW Early Admission:
Macquarie's Early Admission and School Recommendation Scheme (SRS)
USYD's E12 Scheme:
This one only considers your ATAR so you might leave it until next year, it lowers your entry requirements if you are eligible for it
UNSW's Gateway program:
Remember you have to be eligible for it.
UON's spotlight program:
Almost all universities you can name have an early entry program, or something similar to it but they assess you differently. Some of them you just need to get the subject bands you need to get into the degree, some of them you have lower ATAR requirements if you met the eligibilities, some of them you need extra activities and curriculums to get into the degrees.

Early entry is an alternative application system that each university provides apart from ATAR. For example, let's say you want to get into a degree but in the end you didn't get the selection rank needed (ATAR+adjustment factors), if you get the entry requirements stated in the early entry site, you can apply directly to the school (except for the ones which still uses ATAR), and you will still be guaranteed a spot in that degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)