Early Round Offers (1 Viewer)

em_87

HSC
Hi everyone...

I got a letter from UNE saying that i was successful in getting an offer in the early rounds, however, on UAC its still saying that i didn't get an early round offer. I'm TOTALLY confused...

Can anyone tell me whats going on?????

Cheers,
Em

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
maybe it wasnt done through UAC? my friend got that to armidale a few years ago, early acceptance. UNE does that a fair bit i think, maybe it is done through the uni, not UAC. In general UAC early offers are only to international stdents etc. If you want it, accept it. If not, wait till main round offers.

Maybe call the uni to ask why it was not done through UAC?

em_87

HSC
Yeh, thanx!!!!

I contacted UAC.. but they weren't very helpful, they were like "i dunno.." (waste of time :cool: )

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
all u have to do is confirm with the uni that u accept and your right at csu, id say une is similar

em_87

HSC
It just seems weird, because all of my friends (that applied and was successful)never seemed to have this problem... But thanx for the advise- i'm going to contact UNE on tuesday, so i will see what happens then!!!!

bnolan02

HSC
If you accept an early round offer, will you still be made offers in the main round for other courses????? I got accepted through principals reccommendation to UNE, but there are courses I would rather do at other universities. I just want to make sure that if I accept it, as a back-up, I will still be made offers in the main/late rounds etc. Thanks.

sospecha

in the middle of nowhere; a hole - seriously
HSC
bnolan02 said:
If you accept an early round offer, will you still be made offers in the main round for other courses????? I got accepted through principals reccommendation to UNE, but there are courses I would rather do at other universities. I just want to make sure that if I accept it, as a back-up, I will still be made offers in the main/late rounds etc. Thanks.
well...no...once you accept an offer you won't get offered another one...you only get one offer per university centre..ie...one from vtac, one from uac and one from qtac...and once you accepted one from a uni (which i assume you apllied to une through uac) you won't get offered another course on your uac preferences...

hope that makes sense..and that it helps

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
sospecha said:
well...no...once you accept an offer you won't get offered another one...you only get one offer per university centre..ie...one from vtac, one from uac and one from qtac...and once you accepted one from a uni (which i assume you apllied to une through uac) you won't get offered another course on your uac preferences...

hope that makes sense..and that it helps
wrong, once you get an offer, you will be considered for your other courses in later rounds. ( unless the system changed from 05) i got one offer in main round, i then re arranged my pref, and recieved another one in the late round. just accept the early offer first, then decline if you get something better in main/late round.

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Read the start of the UAC book that contains all the info regarding the different offer round...it explains it all, I will explain as much as I feel necessary to this topic.

You will be considered for your first pref, if you get an offer then you have that one offer and the others are not considered for offers. but if you fail to recieve an offer you will be considered for your second one, and so on and so on till you either recieve an offer or your prefs are exhausted.

say you have 5 prefs, and in the main round you get an offer to pref 4, in the late round you will be considered only for the prefs higher in preference, so in this case pref 1,2,3. If you have changed your mind and want to do pref 5 then you will need to change your prefs.

ACCEPT YOUR FIRST OFFER even if it is your last preference, there is no guarantee you will get another one in a later offer round. Even if you recieve your 9th pref and then in the late round you get your 1st, you can still pull out of your acceptance to the 9th one and take the 1st one.

The key here is TAKE YOUR FIRST OFFER. take and grasp it tightly, if you don't you may miss out altogether.

Christopher Fife.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)