earning capabilities? (1 Viewer)

xanthanotus

HSC
okay....i dont mean this to sound rude or any thing but in order to organise living expences and stuff for uni next year i was just wondering if people could give me a ball park figure of what they are earning while doing a single degree at uni.......
any help would be great
xanthanotus!:confused:

Generator

HSC
N/A
$200 a week, although I only work 12 hours a week and still live at home. $45 of that is spent on transport (living over 50kms from the uni and all). Then there's another $30, at least, on food and water due to the lack of a water bottle situation and being lazy. Luckily I don't have to pay a boarding fee, although I do have to wash and iron everything that I wear, which is only annoying once I realise that I have nothing to wear yet have two loads of washing ready for the machine.

I'm not much of a guide, but eh.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by xanthanotus
okay....i dont mean this to sound rude or any thing but in order to organise living expences and stuff for uni next year i was just wondering if people could give me a ball park figure of what they are earning while doing a single degree at uni.......
any help would be great
xanthanotus!:confused:
I predict anywhere between $220-$260 (based on $110 share accommodation) and you need to extremely have a good budget for yourself

Getting a car can boost that number by another $25/week i've already included transport costs in the $220-$260 range, also mobile costs is excluded

You need to take account of registration, insurance, petrol, repairs etc...

It depends what your spending habits are like, make sure you have AT LEAST $1,000 in emergencies

Generator

HSC
N/A
I'd go for much more than that. $300 at least.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Well, where do you want to live and how much are you going to try and save for those times when you need textbooks, fees, and during emergencies, etc...

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
Well, where do you want to live and how much are you going to try and save for those times when you need textbooks, fees, and during emergencies, etc...
I've stated $1,000 emergencies, and that should cover most textbooks etc.. and textbooks, aren't parents supposed to pay for student fees, HECS is another story but you can defer that

It all depends on the personal individiual

But $220-$260 will be sufficient for most.

Generator

HSC
N/A
No it wouldn't. Moving out generally means moving out, which requires you to pay for everything. $300 at least.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
No it wouldn't. Moving out generally means moving out, which requires you to pay for everything. $300 at least.
It all depends on the personal individiual

Oh well, you must be right then, good on ya, no point arguing about it. :D

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I budget for $450 every week, but that includes doing quite a bit of travel due to my girlfriend working 4 1/2 hours away so I rack up a bit of a petrol bill every weekend, 90,000km this year alone.

$300 should be fine but remember than compulsory student union fees do apply at some unis, and books tend to set you back a couple of hundred each semester, not to mention car rego and ongoing repairs because cars are like a sponge when it comes to money.... try earning as much as you can during the summer break before uni starts and then just working it out yourself because everyone is different but at least you can have a little bit of money to fall back on if you underestimate your expenses, always try and overestimate because its better to be safe than sorry.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ahh well this is all too much.... im going to live off my parents for as long as i possible can... ie until after i leave uni and get a proper job

psycho_mushy

HSC
Originally posted by *~Dazed~*
ahh well this is all too much.... im going to live off my parents for as long as i possible can... ie until after i leave uni and get a proper job
I second that... but its gonna put tremendous strain on my parents..

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ahhh well they gave birth to me... they have to suffer the consequences

psycho_mushy

HSC
holy shit :rofl: that was sooooooooo harsh! :rofl:

you're quite right though..

dazy... stop making me laugh! :( my tummy hurts now... you' ve been doing it all afternoon

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
that is so totally the same concept i have. it wasnt my choice to be born, they're the ones that did everything that created me *eww, rubs eyes to get rid of bad pictures* so now they should also live with the consequences of having a teenage daughter

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
damn right... and if they want me to be successful and do what i want to do and achieve and make the most of what life has to offer... they can pay for me through uni and THEN i can live a good successful life

psycho_mushy

HSC
oh dazed...... ur so right, yet it still is funny! the way u say it! :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)