Earth and Environment 2017 HSC paper (1 Viewer)

lookinforacookin

HSC
N/A
What answer did you put for the question about the evidence of life from 3.8 x 10^9 years ago?

Jetfiya

HSC
You won't be joking around like this once you actually sit the exam next year.

gussieg

HSC
was it hard
Wasn't too bad. im sure there would have been a few questions that threw people off, like the one on using models, working in teams and reliability. But overall I've seen much harder exams.

lookinforacookin

HSC
N/A
Can't remember was it multiple choice? If one of the options was 3.8 x 10^9 then I would have choosen that
Nah, that was the question. It was asking the type of life.
I put bacteria-like cells without a nuclei, the others answers like algae, prokaryotic cyanobacteria and something else

gussieg

HSC
I put bacteria-like cells without a nuclei, the others answers like algae, prokaryotic cyanobacteria and something else
I put Prokaryotic Cynobacteria, I was pretty sure they were the first type of life. I checked out a website and found this....

"Cyanobacteria are Prokaryotes, which are known to be the earliest forms of life, throughout time they have adapted to the changing earth, and in turn help it evolve."

So I think Prokaryotic cynobacteria is rigt

lookinforacookin

HSC
N/A
I put Prokaryotic Cynobacteria, I was pretty sure they were the first type of life. I checked out a website and found this....

"Cyanobacteria are Prokaryotes, which are known to be the earliest forms of life, throughout time they have adapted to the changing earth, and in turn help it evolve."

So I think Prokaryotic cynobacteria is rigt
Yeah, they were the first known forms of life (from stromatolite fossils), but the evidence in greenland is from different carbon ratios so they know that there were living organisms but didn't know exactly what they were. That's what my teacher told us anyway so I'm pissed if she was wrong lol

Papercutter

HSC
It was prokaryotic cyanobacteria since they create stromatolites which have been dated to be as old as 3.8 x 10^9 years old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)