Earth and Environmental help needed with assignment (1 Viewer)

coolpankake

HSC
N/A
Hi There, anyone can maybe help me with the following topic - Do we have the capacity to disaster-proof the planet? I cannot find much reports written about it. If anyone can help me please I would appreciate it very much.

wizzkids

HSC
Yes. First you need to distinguish natural disaster from man-made political disaster. A major volcanic eruption is a natural disaster. A war is a political disaster. Deforestation is a man-made ecological disaster.
There is plenty written about human-induced climate change. Go look up the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
They have produced huge reports such as "2022 Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability".
All they do is estimate the risks and consequences of our changing climate on the planet.

coolpankake

HSC
N/A
Yes. First you need to distinguish natural disaster from man-made political disaster. A major volcanic eruption is a natural disaster. A war is a political disaster. Deforestation is a man-made ecological disaster.
There is plenty written about human-induced climate change. Go look up the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
They have produced huge reports such as "2022 Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability".
All they do is estimate the risks and consequences of our changing climate on the planet.
Use two tectonic disasters from the past 20 years to give context to the use of technology involved in predicting/preventing the disasters

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)