Earth and Environmental Science Students 2008??? (1 Viewer)

henry08

HSC
N/A
If you werer ranked 530 last year its unlikely you'll do that much better (i.e.< 450). That being said my school was like nearly 200th last year, not exactly great either.

HSC
LinzyHodge said:
Hi! Yeah, I've been trying to understand it and connect it all up but its just so much to remember!

I did the Cane Toad and Paterson's Curse for my case study, which turned out to be a good option as they were so easy. How about you?

Haha, thanks, we were ranked like 530 or so last year but that's all going to change this year because we actually tried.:haha:
oh cool. yeah heaps of schools are doing the cane toad =/

Im doing the red fox and the blackberry bush. :)

yeah introduced species is pretty easy, though since you're doing cane toad, your answers have to be really detailed so that you would stand out from the rest (since most students also do cane toad).

Cool, my school was ranked low last year too , like 350 - 400. :)

leee08

HSC
the worst has to be...explaining hypotheses that drive plate motion...slab pull ridge push ect... looking through past hsc exams, its needed in alot of detail.

HSC
leee08 said:
the worst has to be...explaining hypotheses that drive plate motion...slab pull ridge push ect... looking through past hsc exams, its needed in alot of detail.
slab pull is just when the plate is getting subducted and whilst it goes down the mantle, it pulls down the rest of the plate, causing the plate to move.

ridge push is just when new basaltic material is being injected in the mid ocean ridges which pushes apart the plates in its opposite direction, causing the plates to move.

that's just the basics though, you need to put a lot more detail :)

henry08

HSC
N/A
leee08 said:
Really?I like that question and would rather have a 5/6 mark question on that than on some asking to describe the Cambrian explosion etc.

What textbook(s) does everyone use?

leee08

HSC
like all of them
cambridge
excel
spotlight....our teacher is quite crap, she leaves alot off the syllabus...need every textbook possiable!

henry08

HSC
N/A
ConquerDiscover said:
nice...did you do it all in one go..?

btw what do you think your raw internal mark for earth is?
No.

Internal marks don't matter, its ranks that do. My internal mark was between 90 and 95 (not sure exactly as we're not allowed to know), stupid scaling down.

henry08

HSC
N/A
ConquerDiscover said:
btw, I checked the HSC timetable and it looks as though I have the most days until the earth exam.... :D
Same

HSC
Hey Guys, this is my final post...until after the HSC.

I just wanna say, good luck to all of you in the HSC for all your subjects.

And I also hope you guys do well in earth and environmental science, this subject is awesome!

As for me, I'm just gonna prepare steadily in the last few days.

I have about 12 days until the earth exam so I'm hoping to get at least 10 - 13 hours study per day, I REALLY want to get a band 6 for this subject...it would mean quite a lot to me.

Finally, I'd just like to say that theres really only one advice which I've followed throughout year 12, and that is "Just do your best". And so that's exactly what I'm going to do, Im going to do the best that I can and be happy with what I've achieved.

GOOD LUCK!

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)