EAS (Educational Access Scheme) (1 Viewer)

nilynily

HSC
Hi,

I got an ATAR of 88.9 and currently my EAS application is under consideration by the UAC. However there's one thing thats bothering me is that, UNSW and USYD don't accept EAS at all, which is stated in the eligibility letter sent to me.

So does anyone know if I can still get into Eco at UNSW or USYD with my bonus 5 ATAR points given by EAS despite the fact that the letter stated that they don't?

Please help

Last edited:

reiimondo

HSC
What do you mean its still under consideration by UAC if you already got the eligiblity letter?
My EAS eligibility letter tells me that UNSW and USYD accepted my EAS.. =/

I think you could get into UNSW via HSC Plus, which is maximum 5 bonus points depending on the subjects you did and bands you got

nilynily

HSC
What do you mean its still under consideration by UAC if you already got the eligiblity letter?
My EAS eligibility letter tells me that UNSW and USYD accepted my EAS.. =/

I think you could get into UNSW via HSC Plus, which is maximum 5 bonus points depending on the subjects you did and bands you got
oh.... then I think will have to ask the uni about this issue...

xFusion

HSC
UNSW does accept EAS..
You should get a letter in the mail stating the amount of bonus points you can get from each type of course. At least I did last year.
Though I wouldn't know about USYD, never applied there

nilynily

HSC
UNSW does accept EAS..
You should get a letter in the mail stating the amount of bonus points you can get from each type of course. At least I did last year.
Though I wouldn't know about USYD, never applied there
Well the disadvantaged which I applied was Distance Education, and according to all the other replies I received and seen on similar posts to this one stated that Unis determined your eligibility on how severe your circumstances was during year 12. So I'm quite unsure whether I received any bonus points especially from UNSW as I'm overseas right now.

Did you receive your letter from UNSW through postage or email?

Recently, I checked on the HSC plus and I get 2 bonus points for getting band 5 in maths as I chose economics for UNSW. So now I'm 90.9, which is like 0.7 below the Economics cutoff, do you reckon I can get in?

Thanks

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Yeh, I got granted EAS, but UNSW won't take it.

So I won't get granted EAS by UNSW, but other Uni's (i.e Macq), do accept it.

Not all unis accept your EAS, as there are varying levels of severity.

I'm in the same boat as you.

It doesn't look like EAS will get us in. Thank goodness for HSC plus XD.

xFusion

HSC
Well the disadvantaged which I applied was Distance Education, and according to all the other replies I received and seen on similar posts to this one stated that Unis determined your eligibility on how severe your circumstances was during year 12. So I'm quite unsure whether I received any bonus points especially from UNSW as I'm overseas right now.

Did you receive your letter from UNSW through postage or email?

Recently, I checked on the HSC plus and I get 2 bonus points for getting band 5 in maths as I chose economics for UNSW. So now I'm 90.9, which is like 0.7 below the Economics cutoff, do you reckon I can get in?

Thanks
I don't know much about distance education. The letter was through postage. You'd most likely get an offer I reckon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)