• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

EAS eligibility question (1 Viewer)

liamclark

HSC
Hey guys,
I applied for EAS code H10B because my dad had cancer (and still does) throughout most of my HSC.
I've just received my eligibility letter on UAC, and it says that I am eligible for all universities and colleges except for USYD, UNSW, UTS, MQ and UWS. I want to get into USYD with an ATAR cut-off that is 1 point higher than what I got, and under their Broadway scheme, it says they give students places who apply for EAS, even in the category of disruption to home environment. So, all this in mind, I just have no idea why it says I am not eligible for EAS consideration at USYD. I've searched the net and other forum posts but there's nothing to help. Do you guys have any ideas about this? Thanks a lot!

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
So sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he gets well!

Don't think you need EAS tbh! Did you get band 5 or 6 in English or any relevant subject to your course? Then you'll get at least 3-5 bonus points from USYD! So essentially you've met the cut off and exceeded it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
You can give them a ring if you would like asking why your EAS wasn't accepted, but I think you won't need it tbh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liamclark

HSC
Thanks nourah. I got 98.5 and i need 99.5 for combined law, so I don't think they have flexible entry for it. But yeah, I did get a Band 6 in English.

Last edited:

liamclark

HSC
Yeh good idea, the UAC and USYD offices and phone-lines reopen on Monday, so I might give that a try.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks nourah. I got 98.5 and i need 99.5 for combined law, so I don't think they have flexible entry for it. But yet, I did get a Band 6 in English.
Congrats! I have a strong feeling you are going to get in! Good luck, and keep me updated!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Pretty sure USYD doesn't do bonus points for combined law..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)