EAS Rorting Has To Stop (1 Viewer)

Flop21

HSC
I mean, how easy is it to apply for EAS anyways? Can't you just make up a death of your relative or something and say it's been affecting you emotionally so hard that you can't focus on studies - maybe add some tears & parent support = profit?
Wtf?

You gotta get proof from a doctor if it's a medical issue, make sure all docs are vertified that they're real, get as much documented proof as you can and even then it's up to the people at UAC to determine if you qualify.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Wtf?

You gotta get proof from a doctor if it's a medical issue, make sure all docs are vertified that they're real, get as much documented proof as you can and even then it's up to the people at UAC to determine if you qualify.
Cheers! Drop the attitude next time.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I see nothing wrong with getting in with EAS. Maybe I am bias. I am proud to say I got into UNSW Combined Law with EAS. I don't think I am less worthy of my position than someone who got 99.60 (Cut off at the time).

My marks are not the best. In fact a significant portion of students have better results than me (~30%). However, I have come close to topping a few law course including ones where I competed against the cohort above. ATAR is not necessarily a good indication of performance at uni. I know some students with higher ATAR than myself and are struggling with their Law Degree.

If it doesn't affect you leave it be. Why waste your time on something that doesn't matter to you.

Flop21

HSC
Cheers! Drop the attitude next time.
By attitude did you mean my "wtf"?

Forgive me for being surprised you thought you could cry a bit to get EAS bonus points with 0 proof.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I know lots of people who used to get family tax benefit A and B who used it FOR EAs.

They were not in huge financial trouble nor were they hard working.

I remember this coming out of the words of many.
"Hey guys , did you know that we can bonus points cause our parents and we get centrelink or youth allowance ".

"It'll make it easier to get in and less work too"

This is pretty common in the west (and I attended a school with lots of ppl on youth ).

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not writing off all people but there is definitely a level of rorting in the poorer suburbs .

StudyToDeath

HSC
Without EAS I wouldn't have gotten into my uni course and I'm greatful for it!

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
By attitude did you mean my "wtf"?

Forgive me for being surprised you thought you could cry a bit to get EAS bonus points with 0 proof.
Just trying to establish how one would "rort" the system, although my example/suggestion may have been slightly vague and silly, I was just trying to get acquainted in the system. I'm sorry you find it 'surprising' that I don't know much about the system, but maybe next time be a little more considerate :)

Flop21

HSC
Just trying to establish how one would "rort" the system, although my example/suggestion may have been slightly vague and silly, I was just trying to get acquainted in the system. I'm sorry you find it 'surprising' that I don't know much about the system, but maybe next time be a little more considerate :)
Maybe don't tell me what to do :)

Especially over something as little as "wtf".

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Maybe don't tell me what to do :)

Especially over something as little as "wtf".
No thanks, maybe I'll teach you a lesson in admitting your own actions, or I'll let you continue to believe you have the right to judge people on their knowledge in your little fantasy world :) Well, you do have the right, but there's no harm in expressing my opinion right? Just as you think 'wtf' is a little thing, I'm free to do the same. So drop the attitude next time, again :spin:

turntaker

HSC
tfw you actually needed EAS and had legit reasons for it but didn't apply. :c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)