• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Eas scheme (1 Viewer)

finesse

HSC
Approximately how many points could i get for applying in 3 categories in the scheme? If u went in with eas or a friend did, it would be awesome if u could help me.
Thanks.

little master

HSC
how do we kno if the eas scheme is taken into account, coz as far as i am concerned unsw doesnt send us a eligibilty letter unlike few other unis (usyd, uts, macq uni).

thanks

finesse

HSC
^You could only find out on Jan 17. Try calling them up, like in Jan since they're probably on holidays now.

I know you don't get bonus points, but its the same thing, if the cutoff gets lowered it's like as if ur gettin bonus points, it just doesnt change ur uai. As long as i get into the course i want that's what matters!

How many points should i expect for disadvantages in 3 sections, since unsw does bonus points now, which depends on severity rather than eas applicant popularity, 10, 5, 1?

Last edited:
HSC
unsw grants 10 points, those 10 points are battled out with the 5% positions reserved for EAS applicants, so if ur only 1 uai point off and you need that bonus 1 your more likely too get it than someone who needs the whole 10. assuming that the 5% of positions of ur course has high demand.

i never knew that level of severity depends on 1-10 points :S i thought it was just 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)