eas scheme (1 Viewer)

kenkap

HSC
i received this letter-

I'm writing to tell you that an EAS application has been automatically submitted on your behalf as a result of your
attendance at a school included in the School environment category of EAS disadvantages as described on pages 23-24
of the 2013 EAS Booklet, which can be found at www.uac.edu.au/eas/
UAC uses relevant data to automatically assess current Year 12 students undertaking an Australian Year 12
qualification at a school included in the relevant programs.
No action is required by you in relation to this advice.
All institutions that participate in the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) have EAS for applicants who've
experienced long-term educational disadvantage. However, not all of those institutions provide EAS consideration for
a school included in the School environment category of EAS disadvantages. Check "Table 1: Policies and Options"
on pages 5-8 and "How institution schemes work" on page 14 of the 2013 EAS Booklet for details of the policies at
each institution.
For detailed information about EAS go to www.uac.edu.au/eas/, where you can also download the 2013 EAS Booklet.
For more information about specific institutions' schemes go to their websites as listed on the back cover of the 2013
EAS Booklet.
Remember that being eligible for consideration under EAS at an institution and/or receiving EAS bonus points from
an institution does not guarantee an offer of a place.
Andrew Stanton
Managing Director

thanks....i have no idea about this

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
so, uh, what are you wanting to know?

It's basically saying that the school you've attended has put you at a disadvantage (maybe you live in a rural or low socio-demographic area, I don't want to make presumptions), compared to the rest of the state, so when you apply for uni, you'll may be eligible to get a place, even if your marks are a little bit below the cut-off.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes I got this letter too, basically anyone outside Metro Sydney will get it. Inner Regional, Outer Regional, Rural and Remote.

kenkap

HSC
Yes I got this letter too, basically anyone outside Metro Sydney will get it. Inner Regional, Outer Regional, Rural and Remote.
does that mean we will get accepted under eas? like if i apply for a course and dont quite meet the cutoff, would they consider it??

x3Reii

HSC
^ Yeah, you'll get considered but it still depends on demand. How EAS works at usyd is that they allocate a set number of places specifically for students under the EAS scheme. So if you do get accepted for eligibility for EAS, you won't be competing with everyone else but just with the people under the scheme. Confusing, but I hope that made sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)