Eas/uws (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Yes they do - they award bonus points if your EAS application has been approved by them. However they will not notify you by mail if you have been either accepted or rejected.

mysterious_grl8

HSC
^^ hmm thanks but do u know how many points they award? and are the bonus points available for all courses, example law?

Last edited:

jessiej87

HSC
it just says bonus points for uws.. so no u cant not be told exactly how many - i think it suggests less than 5... and it says that EAS is open to all courses in the EAS application booklet

HSC
they do offer law but for bonus points depends on how competitive the course is, so Law which is very competitive only drops by a few UAI

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
they do offer law but for bonus points depends on how competitive the course is, so Law which is very competitive only drops by a few UAI
Nope - unis use two methods, allocation and bonus points. Allocation varies on the popularity of the course while bonus points are pretty much just added in. UWS uses the bonus point method, which means you get as many bonus points for a BHospitality as a BLaw.

HSC
that probably explains why UNSW has a uai cut off for EAS and UTS guy told me there's "upto 10"

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Yup, and it should be noted from the UTS site that only certain faculties bestow up to ten, for most courses its up to seven.(at UTS)

Ninew

HSC
Casmira said:
sweet because im within 6 for what i need for UTS
Same here! I am 6.4 off last year's cutoff! So hopefully that course isnt very popular and i can get in! :)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I am within 2 points of what i need at UTS
its 97. something and i got 95.75
But I'm guessing EAS won't be getting me very many bonus points :mad1:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
goan_crazy said:
I am within 2 points of what i need at UTS
its 97. something and i got 95.75
But I'm guessing EAS won't be getting me very many bonus points :mad1:
Considering UTS works off of allocation and law is such a popular course, then I'd suspect regardless of the intensity of your problems you would be fairly lucky to get 1 point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)