Eas (1 Viewer)

sly_skittle

HSC
I was wondering if universities place a higher emphasis on certain circumstances over others when assessing an EAS application.
I'm re-doing some of my subjects next year and i didn't realise that I qualified for EAS.
For 4 years I've had to look after my little sister (<10) before and after school (cooking, helping with homework. picking up/taking to school)totaling about 25 hrs per week- so I couldn't study in the morning and wasn't able to start studying until 6.30 in the afternoon.
Now when I re-do some subjects I'm doing them by distance education but i also have to work at the same time to get independent youth allowance- looking at about 30hrs p/w.
Does anyone think that this would be accepted by universities. I know a few people who've applied because a grandparent, cousing or friend died and while i know how hard this can be I don't think that this would significantly affect a large section of their HSC year, unless it happened to an immediate family member close to the HSC exams.
Does anyone have any experience with this scheme and how hard it is to have your application accepted?
Do you think that mine would be accepted?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)