Easiest/Hardest subjects (1 Viewer)

04er

HSC
Hey fellow bos'ers

I am in the process of pre-enrolling for 4th year and would appreciate some advice. I have to do the subjects listed below, but I can move two of them to 5th year (and substitute them with optional 5th year subjects). I would like to do this to spread out the difficult subjects. So in relation to the subjects below (that you have done or are doing), which two did you find to be the most challenging, and which two the least challenging?

-Admin Law
-Federal Constitutional Law
-Intro to Property & Commercial Law
-The Legal Profession
-Corporations Law
-Equity
-Evidence
-Real Property

Also which optional/elective 5th year subjects tend to be the easiest?

Thank you for your help :D

Last edited:

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Check the Law Guide in this forum, MS provided a brief outline of the workload involved in numerous subjects. I'm pretty sure most of these are on the list.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
At ANU admin is the hardest subject in the entire degree, but that may just be because it's so poorly taught. My bet would be on property as the hardest subject on the list. I'd also put equity at the end of your degree, and after property, since equity is really just stitching together alot of disparate concepts that you learn throughout your degree.

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC
i'm doing property law and though it is technical i wouldn't say it's difficult. i have heard that evidence is quite challenging - at the uni i go to it is not recommended to be taken until your final year.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
I shifted admin and equity over to 5th year

Lara1986

HSC
04er said:
-Admin Law
-Federal Constitutional Law
-Intro to Property & Commercial Law
-The Legal Profession
-Corporations Law
-Equity
-Evidence
-Real Property

Also which optional/elective 5th year subjects tend to be the easiest?

Thank you for your help :D
Personally, I found Admin pretty easy - fairly low workload, cases and statutes are a fairly easy read and its fairly interesting usually. Same with constitutional, fairly broad range of issues within it, cases and statutes aren't too hard to read.

Corporations also isn't too bad - bigger workload but as long as you keep at it, it's not too hard to get your head around it.

I find equity 1 and 2 terrible. They've been my weakest law units as a consequence of the dead boring subject matter and sheer quantity of it (but less than great teachers). Some people however say they find equity really interesting and not too hard, but my experience was/is otherwise.

As far as electives - if your uni has any Alternative Dispute Resolution or Mediation units - at least at my uni, they're the minimal effort = distinction units :) They're interesting too, and useful as far as gaining skills that you can use. I'm currently doing one called "issues in the criminal justice system" - if you have any similar to that and have an interest in that kind of area, its very easy to get D/HD in and its an interesting area as its more social science-y than law per se so you basically spend the semester pointing out the failures of the criminal justice system :p

Rorix

HSC
I thought Admin Law was exceedingly boring, so tough in that way. Evidence seems to be pretty technical, but I haven't had my final yet, so can't really say.

I thought Real Property was pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)