Easiest way to ace exam! 90 % above! (1 Viewer)

morty87

hey guys how's it going,

i thought i might put up a title like that to this thread so that it would attract alot of u to see how this is done, well sorry guys easiest way is to just study by i need so info on car jacks, for example screw jacks, scissor jack, hydraulic bottle jacks.
i need info on the material they are made of, their lifting capacity and so on, if anyone can help please do so, so for any inconvenience i may have caused :)

fakingtheday

HSC
Well you can use your common sense for the most part. It's going to be made of mild steel (0.4-0.6% Carbon Content) so that it is tough but not brittle like your tool steels for instance.

As for their lifting capacity why don't you just do some calculations with someone common diameters and loads applied. For example:

700N Force applied at a 600 distance from pivot and 550 from plunger. Plunger Diameter 15mm. Determin the resulting force in the plunger. And say there is another piston that is 75mm Diameter find the load is can lift.

That is just me imagining a car jack infront of me, given i have no knowledge of it you can take or leave it. We are doing cranes.

EDIT: I attatched a typical type question, find the loading capacity then you can do velocity ratio etc etc you get the point.

And getting 90% won't be hard if our test was like last year's.

Last edited:

truzoro

HSC
mr shumakker

well, morty87 i reckon we should ask mr shumakker about this one, cuz he'll have some mad ideas about how to get 90% and above...especially when ur thread subject has nothing to fkin do with the message u put in it..haha u smart ass

the mort for life man....

Mat_Aussie

HSC
i think that scissor and screw jacks both work on the same method of lifting.

scissor jacks make a diamond shape as they extend, whereas screw jack is a vertical ram

both run on a thread to extend the mechanism like a bolt and nut..u turn and the nut extends down the thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)