• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Easter holidays: Study goals (2 Viewers)

Aysce

HSC
The way I get my motivation is from:
1. Duplicating or remembering the depression of failure.
2. Visualising what it would be like to become the best in X,Y,Z subject.
3. Rivalries with other people.

I don't know about you, but I am pretty competitive. Since you watch One Piece, I know this sounds a little strange, but as one of my favourite characters is Zoro, I kinda try to adopt his attitude towards my studies. I don't need to elaborate but I manipulate the plot of One Piece to my goals and thats what mainly motivates me. I doubt it would work for you since I am a weirdo xD

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
The way I get my motivation is from:
1. Duplicating or remembering the depression of failure.
2. Visualising what it would be like to become the best in X,Y,Z subject.
3. Rivalries with other people.

I don't know about you, but I am pretty competitive. Since you watch One Piece, I know this sounds a little strange, but as one of my favourite characters is Zoro, I kinda try to adopt his attitude towards my studies. I don't need to elaborate but I manipulate the plot of One Piece to my goals and thats what mainly motivates me. I doubt it would work for you since I am a weirdo xD
I am competitive in school but lazy at home. I can't visualise anything (success, failure, etc.).
:/

On an unrelated note: Who's the guy in your dp again (always forget his name)? Is that the 'law' guy who manipulate body parts?

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't been near as productive as I should be, but on one hand, I've gotten a little done which is more than normal? Normally I do nothing until the weekend before we go back.

Aysce

HSC
I am competitive in school but lazy at home. I can't visualise anything (success, failure, etc.).
:/

On an unrelated note: Who's the guy in your dp again (always forget his name)? Is that the 'law' guy who manipulate body parts?
Trafalgar Law <3 I dig his coat and hat.

I don't know about visualising, but I try to make studying as exciting and motivational as possible. Probably why anime (or One Piece in particular) plays a big role in my life because you know, they teach you to never give up and all that crap. Get cracking boi.

swifty13

HSC
I haven't been near as productive as I should be, but on one hand, I've gotten a little done which is more than normal? Normally I do nothing until the weekend before we go back.
Yeh that's same with me. I've had 2 very productive days and a few lazy days, overall its still more than I usually do but no where near enough for year 12 I don't think...

ncoul

HSC
Anyone want to block BOS? Use a free student program called 'cold turkey'. It automatically blocks all social media sites (fb, youtube, reddit) and you can add extra sites to block.
I'm attempting to stamp out this procrastination by next year, is it possible?

I have my half yearlies first day back next term and i've only written legal notes, wow.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
^I use Leechblocker sometimes near exams similar thing.

So I originally wrote a list of 34 things to do. Then I decided some of the things on it were low priority/list way too long so I moved them out off. So now I have a list of 30, and I've only done 12...40% is not too great, hopefully I get a few things done tomorrow, I'd like to get 70% of the list done for when I go back on Tues!

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Catch up with dot point work for bio and chem
Get up to date with notes for bio, chem, physics, SOR
Write Romulus and Harwood practice essays
Write practice creative writing
Finish bio holiday homework
Revise prelim and HSC 3U maths
Past papers for everything
Looking back at my original to do list:
Didn't do creative writing, or maths (must finish homework tomorrow!!), or past papers :(
Not brilliant but ok.

Aysce

HSC
I haven't done much :/

I've only revised weaknesses in 2u maths, improved one of my 4u topics (again my only weakness) and consolidated nearly one topic of PDHPE. Dayum.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Just procrastinated today by decorating my folder (my old ones clip thing totally broke).

Now another form of procrastinating is finding my winter uniform ready for Tues.

HSC
lols...have to rack up a narrative (belonging) and related material by Tuesday...I have tomorrow and tonight.

Btw anyone know how to type LaTeX in the forum? I can't find the button..or do i just wrap it in latex tags?

testing latex..

Last edited:

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
lols...have to rack up a narrative (belonging) and related material by Tuesday...I have tomorrow and tonight.

Btw anyone know how to type LaTeX in the forum? I can't find the button..or do i just wrap it in latex tags?
[tex.][/tex.]

No full stops.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)