• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Easy 300 level econ electives. (1 Viewer)

222tracytracy222

HSC
N/A
Hi Everyone,

I'm doing a b com and one of my majors is economics.

I've completed my core units now I have to pick 3 elective units.

I've enrolled into econ394 (japanese economy) for next semester but apparently this is a difficult unit and I'm thinking of changing it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

For my 2 other choices I'm thinking of either doing econ336 (economic development), or econ359. If anyone has done these units, I'd appreciate some feedback regarding difficulty.

All the electives seem kind of boring (except for maybe health economics). Also, econ361 (economic and business forecasting) is not an option - did it this sem and dropped it a few week later. Terrible unit!

Thanks a lot!

222tracytracy222

HSC
N/A
Mmm I'll definitely look into it. Too bad its finance related which I hate lol. Oh god help me...

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
so youre third year of an economics major and hate all the economics?

222tracytracy222

HSC
N/A
How did you get that impression? I'm just not really into the financial/macro side of things. I love micro though :) If your going to make a post at least try a be helpful.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Youd said things such as

All the electives seem kind of boring
Too bad its finance related which I hate lol. Oh god help me...
is not an option - did it this sem and dropped it a few week later. Terrible unit!
implying at least you have a very particular taste in what you like.

Isnt it logical that if you like the micro side of things look through all the options and find the ones that either relate to micro or are close to micro?

222tracytracy222

HSC
N/A
Yes I'm picky, but that doesnt mean I "hate all the economics" as you put it.

And I actually did what you suggested - to pick units that are related to micro. Thats how I came up with environmental economics and economic development. But my issue is the difficulty - I will be doing some hard units next semester and would like to be able to balance it all out with some easier units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)