Easy as (1 Viewer)

kris86

HSC
IT Exam

i think i messed up a part of mine, what is optical media and magnetic media?

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
well Id probable be looking at low mid 80s for this kindah repeated my self several times in extended response though my structuring was superb........

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
kris86 said:
i think i messed up a part of mine, what is optical media and magnetic media?
optical media= CD CDRW DVD DVDRW
Magnetic media= Magnetic tapes

mercho

B. Of Leisure & Pleasure
HSC
Magnetic media is also Floppy Disks!

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
i wrote down mnoitors, cameras etc for optical, and magnetic = videota[es, external hard disks etc, things you cant keep near electric currents

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
Casmira said:
i put hard drives as magnetic media :(
i almost wrote that as i couldnt think of anything, but i thought of external at the last minute, then as i was writing i remembered video tapes etc but i forgot about floppy disks :s if i didnt know anytihing else id just write down bla, blah etc.

Korobushka

HSC
I thought it was ok. I'm a pessimist so i'll never say I aced it, but I think I got 80+. I'm unsure about the essays though, especially in my regard (or lack thereof) to text form. If the essays go well I can see 90+ happening.

Just a few comments.

Was the question about text changes? Or text formatting? I put the ascending sort of the bullet points, but also put that the font had been changed from sans serif to serif (Arial to TNR). I also put line spacing. Both of those are probably formatting techniques by definition, but I think it's a little ambiguous. I didn't actually read any of the document, so I didn't notice any of the spelling errors.

I'm pretty sure, ok i'm positive, that the BOS logo was watermarked. It isn't a web page, the curl on the end of the page tells us it's a document/paper, so it isn't a 'background' pic or whatever.

Did anyone else get a lot of D's in the MC? Especially from 4-9....I only got one B, and that was Q2 which I wasn't quite sure about. That and question 14 were my only real hassles in MC. Anyone know 14? Absolute file paths?

Also, for the Austec question, I talked a lot about customer (un)satisfaction and how this could have long term effects on reputation. I thought that was the jist of the question.

Ummm.... oh that'll do. Thought it was much easier than last years!

mcbec

HSC
oh crap... man i thought i did ok, but lookin thru this i realised that im probly the only one who couldnt see the damn logo!! i thought it was deleted coz i couldnt see it at all!! that was so stupid! if i had've seen it was faded i wouldve easily put it was watermarked.... grr... oh and i put direct discrimination for marital status... couldnt remember the diff between direct & indirect, but anyway...

that text changes question was a load of crap... it was so dumb! i put rearrangment of dot points, spelling errors had been corrected (e.g. are are and Ccourses - i got both :p) and that font had been changed to times new roman... tho im still not sure whether the dot points one would be valid... its not exactly a TEXT one... oh well.

most of my multiple choices were B.... i probly did crap even tho i thought i did well... i also couldnt find many things to talk about in regards to long-term effects for Austec... that was a dodgy question! also, did anyone else find they had multiple choice answers that were like A B B B B B D D D C C A A A (like same letters in a row all the time)? for some reason mine were like that... meh probly wrong tho lol. oh well nothing i can do now, all over hehe.

(sorry, i posted in the other topic before i saw this one)

Last edited:

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
ooh might i add to do with the font question.
i forget which is which when it comes to sans serif/non sans serif fonts, so i wrote that down and next to it i wrote in brackets arial or times new roman

HSC
Hey for the one about the discrimination i put direct discrimination because of marital status. Can anyone explain the difference between indirect and direct discrimination and which would be best answer for this question and why

Cellie

HSC
Lucky!

lexx said:
Oh no, I said the pic in the background was opaque!!!! Drat!

I finished my IT exam early and checked my whole paper and check everything is answered.

We only had a few minutes left (I thought great!). Then!!! When I re-read my answer for that logo that it was deleted, I looked back at Diagram 2 and it wasn't deleted at all!

Lucky I had a couple of minutes to change my answer that it was changed into a watermark background.

When they say "Pens down!" God, they scare the life out of me.

Shael

HSC
I think I went quite well. It was pretty easy exam. I did bit over 1 booklet for Q.21, and 1.5 booklets for Q.23.

I noticed a lot of changes in those examples, but I used the ones only relating to "Text" changes, so I didnt use the image change. I did the "Ccourses" to "Courses" the font change, and the size of font change. Kept it simple.

Everything else was quite simple, nothing that I couldnt find an answer for, I filled up all the lines and sometimes went over on some. For the Austec question I talked about their reputation and corporate image being ruined, and this would lead to them not getting more clients to replace the other ones.. and therefore no income to pay for all the training and computer systems.. and therefore in the end they would mostly likely have to close the company.

HSC
illodous said:
Hmm.. if they were really generous they'd let you off with that one lol
i included floppy disks and magnetic tapes, but i put hdd in there as well, and tips on how to maintain it, all i really claimed was you cant leave either of it in magnets and no finger prints, and becareful handling it as their is circuit underneath

HSC
anita_wax said:
ooh might i add to do with the font question.
i forget which is which when it comes to sans serif/non sans serif fonts, so i wrote that down and next to it i wrote in brackets arial or times new roman
i wrote it was probably times new roman, your deviantart is trippy yo'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)