easy volume (1 Viewer)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

Edit

My answer was wrong: should be 128 pi/3. above now amended.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Re: 回复: Re: easy volume

dont fully get it.... u used R - r right?
There are 2 branches to curve: y = sqr(x) and y = -sqr(x)

The lower one on rotating about y=2 has radius -sqr(x) - 2; upper one radius sqr(x)-2 forming a washer of thickness delta x which you integrate over [0,4]

The bigger radius generates a disc of area pi x (-sqr(x) - 2)2 and the smaller radius a circle of area pi x (sqr(x) - 2)2 and their difference is the area of the washer.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC

drongoski u wudnt consider doing this by shells ??

....normally whenever i see a washer/annulus type shape i normally automatically think about doin it by shells first ....unless u gotta split it up xD

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

drongoski u wudnt consider doing this by shells ??

....normally whenever i see a washer/annulus type shape i normally automatically think about doin it by shells first ....unless u gotta split it up xD

You can do it by shells of course. I happen to have done a similar one recently this way. I therefore felt safer doing it by annulus.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

GUS . . . SSS

Volume by shell method

For this question, which of the 2 methods would you prefer ??

Last edited:

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC

lol well the algebra worked out VERY nicely for doin it by slices with EVERYTHING cancelling out lol

....i guess it's fairly similar for both methods with a shape like that, its when u get them donut thingies...torus? ....that shells pwns slices xD

badquinton304

HSC

lol well the algebra worked out VERY nicely for doin it by slices with EVERYTHING cancelling out lol

....i guess it's fairly similar for both methods with a shape like that, its when u get them donut thingies...torus? ....that shells pwns slices xD
Yeah, I hate doing doughnut by slice, shells is much easier cause you do not have to use washers or anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)