Eating in lectures (1 Viewer)

h3da

HSC
Are you allowed to eat in lectures especially if you have double lectures?

Lara1986

HSC
Depends on the lecturer and the room.

According to the signs around building EA (the new building at Parramatta), you can't eat in that building. But some lecturers let you.

As a general rule - don't unless a lecturer tells you can or you ask before class if you can as some see this a very rude.

h3da

HSC
Depends on the lecturer and the room.

According to the signs around building EA (the new building at Parramatta), you can't eat in that building. But some lecturers let you.

As a general rule - don't unless a lecturer tells you can or you ask before class if you can as some see this a very rude.
Hmm because in other unis you are allowed to eat in lectures because lecturers understand that some people have double lecture so they need to eat to have energy to study, just don't disturb others by bringing like charcoal chicken or something where everyone can smell it. Not sure how UWS works but yeah time will tell

Lara1986

HSC
Well, that's why you should ask the lecturer lol :)

Don't know about your experiences, but friends at others unis have had the same experience - generally it's a no unless it's a friendly lecturer, as they think you'll be more worried about eating than paying attention.

They're usually a little more understanding in night classes, as most people have been at work all day before coming to class.

The longer classes often have breaks though so that gives you time to have a bite to eat or anything else you need to do.

dude01

HSC
Go for it. If it's something like a sandwhich, chips, fruit, muesli bar, etc it should be fine. If you bring in maccas or some huge meal they will likely tell you off, depends on the lecturer.

Edit: after a while you will probably just end up skipping part of one of the lectures (in the case of a double lecture) to have a proper lunch. You can just go to the lecture a bit late.

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Yes, especially when some idiot decides to open a bag of chips.
Noise pisses me off

magickmidget

HSC
N/A
I usually bring something small like the little boxes of sultanas. Nice and discreet.

beefnoodle

HSC
Yes, especially when some idiot decides to open a bag of chips.
Noise pisses me off
i really hate people that wipe their hands on the seats
not to mention the tossers
have some respect! :evilfire:

Last edited:

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I'll tell you what's the worst, students who have never learnt to chew with their mouth closed. I turn around and give the stink-eye. They remind of those clowns with a rotating head; you know the game where the aim is to throw a ping-pong ball into its mouth? Do it next time you come across a student fly-catcher... if you don't a have ball throw a coin.

If you score I'll send you a teddy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)