Eating toooo fast (1 Viewer)

hollaholla

HSC
My parents + brother + friends tell me i eat too quick. They use the word 'gobble'. Until recently, i have not really taken it seriously and have just assumed an unspoken authority over them in terms of who can eat faster. But i heard it can affect your liver in some way . Is this true?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
googling 'eating too fast' gave me:
http://www.healthmiracles.net/the-consequences-of-eating-too-fast-and-how-to-correct-it.html
http://web.grinnell.edu/sandb/archives/volume_121/number_10/opinion/column_d.html
http://www.efit-today.com/public/223.cfm

i tend to take my time eating, not because it's healthy or whatever, but so i can savour the flavours :)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Haha lol, I'd look at those articles with a grain of salt: "Weak digestion leads to a weak immune system, which leaves you susceptible to illnesses." Lol.

Eating too fast just means you'd eat more than you normally would, and indeed can induce heartburn and indigestion. Nothing doin' to your liver.

HSC
i sometimes tend to eat faster, but i don't seem to gain weight that way, taking time is much better

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i agree with kwayera, only difference i reckon it'll make is that eating quick will give you a stomach ache/heartburn/etc

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i sometimes tend to eat faster, but i don't seem to gain weight that way, taking time is much better
hahahahahahhahahahahah!

how can you gain weight from eating at a different speed?
at the end of the day (or lunch, or dinner) you're just eating the same amount of food, whether its a bowl of rice and chicken over a period of 5 mins or over a period of 1 hour.

whoisurdaddy

HSC
hahahahahahhahahahahah!

how can you gain weight from eating at a different speed?
at the end of the day (or lunch, or dinner) you're just eating the same amount of food, whether its a bowl of rice and chicken over a period of 5 mins or over a period of 1 hour.
I would assume that eating faster will make food harder to digest or break down (larger chunks) therefore lead to more excrement/waste?

Can anyone confirm this?

MooshyMoosh

HSC
I don't think it makes much of a difference, but yes, heart burn and indigestion can occur if you eat too fast. As for the larger chunks of excrement.... I think that depends on the food you eat, like greens and vegetables that contain cellulose that our stomachs can't digest. As my bio teacher said, 'See this rocket that **** is eating? It'll come out the other end in all its glory in a couple of hours'. :uhhuh:

lala2

Banned
HSC
What everyone's said. Also, eating too fast will allow you to get more down before you get full as it takes 15 minutes for the brain to process you're full (apparently). Therefore you might gain weight as you're eating too much.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I would assume that eating faster will make food harder to digest or break down (larger chunks) therefore lead to more excrement/waste?

Can anyone confirm this?
i'm no expert in this field, but i'd've thought that either way your stomach acid will break down the food.
Larger chunks means more work for your stomach, hence stomach aches.

BUT NOT 100% SURE, SOMEONE MORE SCIENCY THAN ME CAN CONFIRM THIS.

hollaholla

HSC
What everyone's said. Also, eating too fast will allow you to get more down before you get full as it takes 15 minutes for the brain to process you're full (apparently). Therefore you might gain weight as you're eating too much.
Im 17, 5'8 and weigh 60. Been eating fast for the past ...6 years :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)