ebay!!! (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Ok....they don't look anything special. Are they made from a mystical cow or something?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
brace yourself

THIS is a Herme's Birkin Orange Crocodile with Pave Piamonds.

RRP approx $50 000.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I think it's kinda ugly, personally :/

But where did they find an orange crocodile?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I agree with Alley ^^

Crocodile skin texture isn't very pleasing.

HSC
AlleyCat said:
anyone who cant see the merits of owning something beautiful of a nice quality and style obviously has never held a birkin in their arms.
You held one in your arms? :eek:

I peered through the Hermes window and it was love at first sight...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Anyone who thinks the designer handbags on ebay are real are sorely mistaken.

Look at people's feedback, if they've sold more than 1 of them it means they are recieving them from a source, that source being a manufacturer of fakes. Its big business in Asia.

You may occasionally find a real one, but it will be coming from owners who have paid full price for them, and are not offering them at 'bargain' prices...you don't want to make a huge loss on something you paid so much for.

It is not hard to replicate a handbag down to the smallest detail. And the attraction of these handbags are their exclusivity....its not very exclusive to be buying it off ebay is it?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
my sharona said:
You held one in your arms? :eek:

I peered through the Hermes window and it was love at first sight...
yeah i did. it was the plain red leather one in the Hermes store in London, and it was beautiful. it fits so perfectly on your arm, and its just so absolutely perfect in every way.

and to the people who think they are ugly: go fuck yourselves :uhhuh:

HSC
Ms 12 said:
Anyone who thinks the designer handbags on ebay are real are sorely mistaken.

Look at people's feedback, if they've sold more than 1 of them it means they are recieving them from a source, that source being a manufacturer of fakes. Its big business in Asia.

You may occasionally find a real one, but it will be coming from owners who have paid full price for them, and are not offering them at 'bargain' prices...you don't want to make a huge loss on something you paid so much for.

It is not hard to replicate a handbag down to the smallest detail. And the attraction of these handbags are their exclusivity....its not very exclusive to be buying it off ebay is it?
Yes, well if i go to the Fendi boutique with the receipt info and the serial number and it turns out to be fake, Paypal will give me my money back. So there :p

Sure, 99+% of the LV on eBay is fake, same probably goes with many designer bags. Sometimes it's style over price.
I mean, i bought the Hermes wallet presuming it was fake. C'mon, it's only $140. :rolleyes: A Hermes scarf costs something like $1000.

Alley, i am jealous beyond belief. Birkins and Louboutin are the stuff dreams are made on.
When i get to the top of the waiting list (approx 10000 years), what colour Birkin should i get? I'm thinking red, white, black or beige. I love red and white, but i think black and beige are more practical.
And yeah, people who think Birkins are ugly have a "different" sense of "style", much unlike that of you, me, kaylz, spin spin and millions of other women in the world.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
my sharona said:
Alley, i am jealous beyond belief. Birkins and Louboutin are the stuff dreams are made on.
When i get to the top of the waiting list (approx 10000 years), what colour Birkin should i get? I'm thinking red, white, black or beige. I love red and white, but i think black and beige are more practical.
And yeah, people who think Birkins are ugly have a "different" sense of "style", much unlike that of you, me, kaylz, spin spin and millions of other women in the world.
touche!

definately get it in red. its so sassy and chic and it will match your hot red lippie :)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
my sharona said:
Butbut... think about how hot a white birkin would look with a dress... any dress...

<3 <3 <3
ok think about that. now think about how you would feel if any and i mean any sort of stain got on your 10 thousand+ dollar bag...thinking?

red is better. i mean imagine a long black coat and a red birken.

HSC
Thinking sad.
Very sad.

:(

I'm thinking it'd be pretty hard to stain a Birkin though, those things are waterproof.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
my sharona said:
Thinking sad.
Very sad.

:(

I'm thinking it'd be pretty hard to stain a Birkin though, those things are waterproof.
oh i know baby. i know :( a woman i know has a black kelly bag. its not a birkin but its still very very nice. she keeps it in a glass case when she's not wearing it.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Interestingly enough I was accepted for junior casual retail position at Hermes. Shit pay and no parking in the city so I turned it down, but there you go.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Ms 12 said:
Interestingly enough I was accepted for junior casual retail position at Hermes. Shit pay and no parking in the city so I turned it down, but there you go.
that would no joke be my dream job at the moment. i think they'd expect you to realise that you'd be subsidised by savings on hermes products...i am very jealous of you right now. how did you get the job? just an application?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yep they advertised on the seek website around this time last year. There were a few applicants but I had quite a bit of retail experience and was only 19 so they didn't have to pay me as much as the 40 year olds who applied and I guess I could be 'moulded' more easily.

But yeah I went for an interview with the store manager, he was a nice guy but in the end I just decided that the novelty would soon wear off and working in the city would become a drag.

And as far as savings on Hermes products, I don't know what staff incentives involved, but I don't have the money to spend there in the first place!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
my sharona said:
I have my own taste, which is neither inferior nor superior to anyone elses'. So there.

Last edited:

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
my sharona said:
If you would rather spend $400 on textbooks, your car, alcohol, going out, formal, buy an otropo meal every day for a month, your children's future (whatever that means), whatever strikes your fancy - be my guest. I should be able to spend my money without people getting condescending with their 'i have no idea why you/anyone would do that' attitude.
I was just stating my opinion that I think it's stupid to pay $400 for a bag that's all...i'm allowed to have opinions aren't i?

Anyway what's with this birkin thing? What makes it worth $50 000?

HSC
yenta said:
I was just stating my opinion that I think it's stupid to pay $400 for a bag that's all...i'm allowed to have opinions aren't i?

Anyway what's with this birkin thing? What makes it worth $50 000?
You're allowed to have an opinion, but the way you expressed yourself was really poor.

The Birkin is worth $50k because it is an object of beauty, function and prestige.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)