D
D
D
D

:(

Some_Guy

HSC
No.

That exam sucked though. I thought it was ok up till that whole dam section on interest rates.

adambra

HSC
Some_Guy said:
No.

That exam sucked though. I thought it was ok up till that whole dam section on interest rates.
Yeh, all that stuff was in the last week, by which time noone showed up to anything anymore and those who did just slept to the sound of Murray's constant sighing.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
yeh same with me all was good until interest rates. they fucken shouldnt of even have put that topic in exam it wasnt even in text book. i know we had lect notes n stuff but pfft.... oh well no more ecmt for me ever again thank god!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, what happens if I fail the exam, but get over the 50 mark overall? Cause that's probably going to be me - I calculated I only needed like 16 marks to pass the course (pretty good assessment marks) and I'm pretty sure I got at least that - but I definately, definately failed this exam.

(I only studied past paper questions, and this paper was totally different from other years). :(

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
nah u should be fine. i only needed 18 to pass course but i think i passed this exam!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Hope you're right, Tommy!

Now, I only have to hope that I did get at least 16...

>_<

cimbom

HSC
I don't know what to say. How were we ever meant to prepare for questions like that?

hysteria

HSC
even though i had some struggles in the first half of the exam, the mathematics of finance just killed me...and the freezing cold didn't help (half of my clothes were wet because of the rain - teaches me to not be lazy and actually bring an umbrella)

it looks like i'll be doing econ1001 and ecmt1010 again :(

btw, is it true that if you don't pass ecmt1010, then you can't do ecmt1020?

Last edited:

adambra

HSC
Am I the only one who thought it wasn't nearly as hard as they could have made it? Financial stuff was hard yeh but only cos noone cbf studying that in the last week. Oh and what971, I think you have to pass the final to pass the course for ECMT. In fact I'm quite sure of it.

HSC
N/A
Arrrggghhh...please let me pass so I dont have to listen to the monotone sighs of murray once again!

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
cimbom said:
I don't know what to say. How were we ever meant to prepare for questions like that?
I know what you mean. :(

I only ever studied the practice questions they gave out on Monday for Quizez and past papers. I was all getting ready to destroy the exam, but then the questions cam out and I was like....

:eek:

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
adambra said:
Am I the only one who thought it wasn't nearly as hard as they could have made it? Financial stuff was hard yeh but only cos noone cbf studying that in the last week. Oh and what971, I think you have to pass the final to pass the course for ECMT. In fact I'm quite sure of it.
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
*SHOOTS SELF IN HEAD*

What the hell was the point with the assessments then??

100% chance i failed the exam. I don't want to touch ECMT ever again. :(

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
what971 said:
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
*SHOOTS SELF IN HEAD*

What the hell was the point with the assessments then??

100% chance i failed the exam. I don't want to touch ECMT ever again. :(
Theres ALWAYS ways around that rule, though. Talk to your lecturer about how you feel the final exam mark didnt reflect your achievements, or the effort you put in... and that you were weighed down by personal problems on the day, etc etc... they're usually quite easy to schmooze with!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)