• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Eco Growth - 45° Line? (1 Viewer)

SC

HSC
When graphing aggregate demand and aggregate supply,

- What is the 45° line? If it's aggregate supply, that equals income, right? If so, then how does that differ from the income we measure across the horizontal axis.
- Does the vertical axis correspond to the the sum of all of expenditure? If so, how does that differ from aggregate demand?

Please, help!

monique66

SC said:
When graphing aggregate demand and aggregate supply,

- What is the 45° line? If it's aggregate supply, that equals income, right? If so, then how does that differ from the income we measure across the horizontal axis.
- Does the vertical axis correspond to the the sum of all of expenditure? If so, how does that differ from aggregate demand?

Please, help!
Yes, the 45 degree line is agg S and i'm pretty sure thats income (btw this is the horizontal axis)
On the vertical axis is agg D and that represents Expenditure. Did that answer your question, it kinda confused me..:S

SC

HSC
.. I'm not sure

But how can you graph aggregate supply (the 45° line / ie: income), when the x-axis is income too?

Similarly, if the y-axis is aggregate demand, how can you graph the aggregate demand line for those axes?

azza_3761

HSC
SC said:
.. I'm not sure

But how can you graph aggregate supply (the 45° line / ie: income), when the x-axis is income too?

Similarly, if the y-axis is aggregate demand, how can you graph the aggregate demand line for those axes?
Isn't the x-axis quantity demanded?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)