• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

eco or bio?! (1 Viewer)

intangible

HSC
haha i am in the same boat ! I'm not doing chinese through saturday school anymore and need to choose a subject to replace it. I want to get into a nutrition course in uni and im already doing pdphe. Biology along with pdphe would be good subjects to get into the course? But then i hated science and failed lots in junior years and was thinking of eco. But if i want to do nutrition. So i think ill probably go with bio.

P

pLuvia

What if you do bad in it?

Which one is better, a mark in economics of 60% or biology with 90%? and anyway eco doesn't scale that much higher than biology

Cobra

Ouch, oww, Ouch! owww....
HSC
Re: advice please: eco or bio?!

dzzlng_07 said:
heyy, schools just about to start and im already wanting to change my subjects. im currently doing 3umaths, 3u eng, chem, phys, and bio..

i just think that theres hardly any variety in my subs (all 3 sci). im scared to choose eco, because i wouldnt know if im good at it or not and i didnt do commerce in year 9 & 10. i looked in the eco txtbook and it looked pretty interesting...

so any suggestions ppl?
Even tho Eco is actually quite interesting at times..... i believe Bio is not only interesting, but you have practicals that are always fun, and also, you have the added advantage that you have 3 sciences which all accomodate each other. Like learning about cells in Bio, can help you with learning about them in Chemistry. Or nuclear radiation in physics with Radioactive isotopes in chem. What im trying to say is that its really really a great advantage to do all three sciences. So i'd be stronly suggesting to stay with the three of them. You dont really need variety, so long as you enjoy what you do. That'll be really helpful in the long run.
If you do choose eco, well good luck for the best =)

HSC

I change my mind (3rd post on this thread). Drop biology!! Im pretty sure thats what im going to end up doing, because i dont really think the things we are learning are interesting, and for physics, the syllabus looks more interesting. Also, i like the physics teacher and not so much the bio. one...

ohyay

but you can call me bob
HSC

Is there any way you can do phys chem bio and econ all at the same time? That's nearly what I did except I had music instead of bio. I dropped econ after year 11 but it was a units consideration, I ended up topping the econ exam but yes, anyway, the point is, econ isn't that hard even if you have no background on it. It all revolves around a few basic principles. On the other hand, biology is a lot of remembering names. If you know what you want to do at uni, you can check to see if they're prerequisites or recommended courses, or even if they'd just help. But yeah, I would have suggested you do all 4 subjects to start with. School's started though, huh. So thats no help for you now probably, unless you can change subjects soon after school starts, like we could...
The end

D

dzzlng_07

yipoo.. schools started already.. all my friends are saying that eco is soo soo hard so i think ill just stick to bio.. ahha thanks for the help guys :)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC

chocolate_lover said:
I change my mind (3rd post on this thread). Drop biology!! Im pretty sure thats what im going to end up doing, because i dont really think the things we are learning are interesting, and for physics, the syllabus looks more interesting. Also, i like the physics teacher and not so much the bio. one...
But hey, did you know that according to the newest issue of New Scientist, most accept the notion that the 20th century was the century of physics, and the 21st century is the century of biology? It's true that bio is sorta getting bigger than phys...Then again. I don't know about eco, but if you want me to choose between bio and phys, I'd still go for the latter :D It fascinates me @.@ XP

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Waves isn't the most interesting topic, wait till you do moving about and electricity, which are more relevant to the year 12 HSC course.

D

dzzlng_07

blahh.. so far in physics... we've been looking at slinkies... for 2 WHOLE WEEKS!?! we got no theory at all done so far...

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Looking at slinkies for two whole weeks?? Golly, is it meant to be helpful? In bio we were counting ants and yellow beads, for two periods only though :)

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
I feel like we haven't been doing anything in Physics or Chemistry x.x Yeah we looked at slinkies too, for all the lessons we had. But hey, at least we looked at ropes and ripple tanks too x.x

mckechnieerin

HSC

Hey i was wondering if u could explain protein synthesis to me

HSC

By the way, i did end up changing to physics and im enjoying it! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)