eco or business? (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
As much as I hate to throw another subject dilemma thread into this forum, I need some help

I dont know whether to pick economics or business studies for the prelim HSC. I say prelim HSC because I am still not sure if I would do the subject I choose for my HSC. So anyway, what subject would you choose and why?

Thanks in advance.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
BUSINESS STUDIES. nuff' said =] bit bias as i never did eco but i love business haha.

¬_¬

HSC
Biz is easier for prelim, but Eco is easier in HSC I think. I found Eco much more interesting to study than Biz... but for a lot of people, Biz is probably more practical? Eco requires a lot more reasoning- but it also scales better! My biz mark was 88% and it didn't count towards my UAI >__> yet my Maths3u which I failed everytime at school counted somehow when I was ranked 110+ in my school....

yinyin

HSC
N/A
i take them both but in the end i drop bs for japanese
Bs not as intersting as eco~

Riviet

HSC
N/A
As Without Wings said, you really need to have a look at a textbook or two and find out what each of the social sciences focuses on. Basically business studies looks at how businesses operate globally and domestically, whereas economics is focuses on various economies and the global economy.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
gabriel, i reakon u should do economics due to the fact it is maths based and may also help u in the future with investment and crap...but in the end...eco is more mathematical based and business is more memory based...i reakon ur mathematical ability should come in handy when ur doing eco...

volition

arr.
HSC
I would prefer Economics because it was more enjoyable for me (I dropped business studies in year 11, but kept economics).

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
HSC Economics is definitely much more enjoyable and rewarding. :D:D I know this has been said before but i really recommend that you check out the syllabus for both subjects or look at some of their textbooks.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I think you have until the end of first term generally to make your decision
If you take one and decide that its not for you, you could pick up the other one
however, you would have to catch up of course
Talk to your school about it and see what they think
It depends on what your interested in also
My advice is talk to your subject coordinator or careers advisor

Good luck with your decision :)

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
how bout....eco or chem?? cause im might drop one by year the end of year 11

Riviet

HSC
N/A
drynxz said:
how bout....eco or chem?? cause im might drop one by year the end of year 11
If you haven't already noticed, there's already a thread in this forum about the topic here. :)

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
I do both. personally, business is easier than eco.. but eco is probably more interesting and practical. if i were you, i'd do eco cause yeah.. it just sounds better and it's supposed to be harder. essentially, that's what it's all about. haha, that didn't help, did it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)