ECON1102 - PitStop & PASS (1 Viewer)

kaitoufion

HSC
Sorry because this is the first time I am going to attend these classes so I just wanna ask a few things ^.^"

For PitStop, is it similar to the tutorials that we usually have? Or do they have more tutors? So can I bring my Discussion Question to PitStop and ask them to help me with it??

And I also wanna know what PASS really is??? Is it just like another 1 hour lecture??

Thank you very much.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Pitstop, yes, they are tutors, ask anything you're having trouble with. (not sure about discussion q thou)

PASS = free notes.. + past students going through the materials as they understood it.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
With Pittstop, it's just a tutor waiting for people to come into the room and ask questions. You can leave whenever you feel like it after the tutor's answered your question(s).

They are, however, less enthusiastic about answering discussion questions, particularly if you're doing a presentation for the next week, and you ask things like "did I put everything that's needed" or "can you suggest anything that can improve it".

PASS is great. As has been said, you get extra notes (whee!) and maybe, for accounting in particular, extra practice questions, depending on the 'tutor'. And the tutor usually can relate better to us first year students, giving advice on the assignments, exams etc.

EDIT: PASS is very much like a tutorial, although, unless you ask for them, homework will not be discussed.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
heheh...a lot of my friends are PASS leaders, they always read up on their acct1B notes on the bus on the way to the PASS class :D

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Minai said:
heheh...a lot of my friends are PASS leaders, they always read up on their acct1B notes on the bus on the way to the PASS class :D
how do u become a pass leader?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Eagles said:
how do u become a pass leader?
Apply to the relevant school, they usually announce applications toward the end of semester 2 for 1st years to apply as PASS leaders for 2006.

Accounting, I think you have to be in the honours stream to be a leader.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Minai said:
Apply to the relevant school, they usually announce applications toward the end of semester 2 for 1st years to apply as PASS leaders for 2006.

Accounting, I think you have to be in the honours stream to be a leader.

ah.. Also notice that there's usually 2 leaders for qma/qmb.. do u know if we need to grab a partner to apply?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
No, they pair you up at training I think. (Training is usually in february)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)