ECON111 - 2005's Compulsory Question (1 Viewer)

sagarn88

HSC
N/A
Does anyone who did ECON111 last year remember what the compulsory question was?

I've just found out that the list of compulsory questions we've been given is the same list as last year. So my logic is that they won't ask the same question they did last year, hence reducing the number of questions I have to prepare for.

Here are the questions we have:

1) How isocost & isoquant analysis parallels the analysis of consumer utility.

2) Why does trade take place, with reference to market exchange & international trade.

3) Profit maximising output under monopoly and perfect competition.

4) Role of price in a market economy. Why externalities lead to inaccurate prices.

If anyone can remember, it would be a great help! Thanks

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
i did it in 2004, and i'm pretty sure that mine was on monopoly and perfect competition.

HTHs

sagarn88

HSC
N/A
So they used the same set of questions in 2004 also? geez how lazy are the econ lecturers!

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh im leaning towards perfect and monopoly from memory.

I think we had the same set of compulsory questions as the previous year too :p (cant remember if it was 110 or 111, or both)

I remember doing an essay on isoquant/isocost analysis though...or something involving that

prusso

HSC
sagarn88 said:
Does anyone who did ECON111 last year remember what the compulsory question was?

I've just found out that the list of compulsory questions we've been given is the same list as last year. So my logic is that they won't ask the same question they did last year, hence reducing the number of questions I have to prepare for.

Here are the questions we have:

1) How isocost & isoquant analysis parallels the analysis of consumer utility.

2) Why does trade take place, with reference to market exchange & international trade.

3) Profit maximising output under monopoly and perfect competition.

4) Role of price in a market economy. Why externalities lead to inaccurate prices.

If anyone can remember, it would be a great help! Thanks
yeah exactly the same as 05, i did question 1, but i didnt prepare an essay, just revised the stuff and went in fresh :)

sagarn88

HSC
N/A
prusso said:
yeah exactly the same as 05, i did question 1, but i didnt prepare an essay, just revised the stuff and went in fresh :)
Damnn! The 2 easiest questions are gone! :( Thanks guys

The_Adonis

HSC
I did it in 2004 and it was DEFINITELY question 2 about trade...
It was that in 2003 as well I believe because I took the gamble on it doubling up, and it paid massive dividends..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)