ECON1203 Lectures (1 Viewer)

matchalolz

HSC
Would anyone happen to know if you absolutely have to attend econ1203 lectures in person? Like do they do any quizzes or mark attendance in lectures?

If I were to take it this semester I wouldn't be able to make it to the physical lectures because of work but will definitely watch them online. Are the recordings majorly different to the lectures in real life?

Wanted to challenge myself and take 3 subjects next semester but I can only do evening classes and everything is clashing fml

-Senpai

HSC
Would anyone happen to know if you absolutely have to attend econ1203 lectures in person? Like do they do any quizzes or mark attendance in lectures?

If I were to take it this semester I wouldn't be able to make it to the physical lectures because of work but will definitely watch them online. Are the recordings majorly different to the lectures in real life?

Wanted to challenge myself and take 3 subjects next semester but I can only do evening classes and everything is clashing fml
I've heard from mates that attending lectures isn't necessary because they do upload slides and voice recordings on Echo, but this could change for Sem 2

Here's the course outline for Sem 2 (I haven't had a read of it myself): https://www.business.unsw.edu.au/Pr...ness_and_Economic_Statistics_PartA_S22016.pdf

I'm in the same position as you haha (I'll be doing ACCT1511, FINS1613 (Death) and ECON 1101) - It looks like I'll be getting home at 9:30 PM on two days every week gg no re

Good luck :)

leehuan

HSC
I've heard from mates that attending lectures isn't necessary because they do upload slides and voice recordings on Echo, but this could change for Sem 2

Here's the course outline for Sem 2 (I haven't had a read of it myself): https://www.business.unsw.edu.au/Pr...ness_and_Economic_Statistics_PartA_S22016.pdf

I'm in the same position as you haha (I'll be doing ACCT1511, FINS1613 (Death) and ECON 1101) - It looks like I'll be getting home at 9:30 PM on two days every week gg no re

Why is FINS1613 death

It's not FINS1612

photastic

HSC
Tbh I still don't know why some courses are taught differently in different semesters...
Different lecturer in charges so some subjects are either taught different, or different hw/exams especially FINS1613 where the LIC in semester 2 is utter destructive in comparison to semester 1.

matchalolz

HSC

Ty for that I'll have a read of it some time

Feelz same here

I'm deciding between acct1511 + econ1101
Or acct1511 + econ1101 + econ1203

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leehuan

HSC
Different lecturer in charges so some subjects are either taught different, or different hw/exams especially FINS1613 where the LIC in semester 2 is utter destructive in comparison to semester 1.
Sounds so pointless though. Why can't the same LIC manage both semesters like with ACCT1501
Ty for that I'll have a read of it some time

Feelz same here

I'm deciding between acct1511 + econ1101
Or acct1511 + econ1101 + econ1203

Deciding between 12 UoC or 18 UoC?

photastic

HSC
Sounds so pointless though. Why can't the same LIC manage both semesters like with ACCT1501
Well you need to respect the fact some LICs are simply not just lecturing, perhaps researching or working with conferences or even take charge with other courses rather than just that one course etc. You also realise not many courses have the same LIC for both semesters.

matchalolz

HSC

Deciding between 12 UoC or 18 UoC?
Yeah basically. I'm waiting for results so that I can make a better judgement

leehuan

HSC
Well you need to respect the fact some LICs are simply not just lecturing, perhaps researching or working with conferences or even take charge with other courses rather than just that one course etc. You also realise not many courses have the same LIC for both semesters.
I can possibly respect it but that doesn't explain how lecturers like Youngdeok Lim cope. These huge courses that get offered over two semesters usually have other lecturers teaching the content as well so they're definitely not doing one year's worth of teaching by themselves.

Worst comes to worst I don't see how swapping LICs will cause a drastic change to the nature of the course either.
Yeah basically. I'm waiting for results so that I can make a better judgement

Why are you underloading again

photastic

HSC
I can possibly respect it but that doesn't explain how lecturers like Youngdeok Lim cope. These huge courses that get offered over two semesters usually have other lecturers teaching the content as well so they're definitely not doing one year's worth of teaching by themselves.

Worst comes to worst I don't see how swapping LICs will cause a drastic change to the nature of the course either.
Perhaps you should try FINS1613 in sem 2 :p

leehuan

HSC
Perhaps you should try FINS1613 in sem 2 :p
Wait I mean this:

There exists a strictly defined team of 2-5 people who teach FINS1613. The LIC role belongs solely to one person who has taught in both sem 1 AND sem 2 of this group of 5.

I only believe that people who teach the course in both semesters are "worthy" of being LIC. If otherwise that just shows more about how uni doesn't care for their students.

-Senpai

HSC
Didn't occur to me that you had a full time job...
It also doesn't occur to people how draining a cadetship can be - A lot of people are under the assumption that you sit in an office and do nothing all day (*cough* audit during their calm period *cough* huehuehue) but in all seriousness it can be both mentally and physically exhausting.

Coming home afterwards and having to study isn't that great either :sleep:

matchalolz

HSC
It also doesn't occur to people how draining a cadetship can be - A lot of people are under the assumption that you sit in an office and do nothing all day (*cough* audit during their calm period *cough* huehuehue) but in all seriousness it can be both mentally and physically exhausting.

Coming home afterwards and having to study isn't that great either :sleep:
How many subjects did you do last semester?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Since when did they record attendance at statistics lecture lol

matchalolz

HSC
2 - But I feel like I can handle 3 now (I needed time to form a solid study routine)
Wow, you sound like you've got it all together haha :)

Random q but what are your sleep patterns like? Sometimes I feel so low on time because of work/study and why I feel a bit put off in regards to doing 3 subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)