ECON1203 or FINS1613 or INFS1602 or MARK1012 for 2014 Semester 1? (1 Viewer)

lawipthelp

HSC
I heard that FINS1613 is significantly easier in Semester 2.

With that being said, I should note that I prefer "hard", objective subjects. For instance, I found MGMT unpleasantly unpredictable in terms of grading.

HSC
Uni Grad
Nope, FINS1613 is much easier in semester 1 compared with that of semester 2. Semester 2 has the crazy lecturer, whilst semester 1 is quite chillax. :)

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
That^

S1 lecturer (Robert) basically scaled most of our assessment averages to D (or close). Cool guy.

ECON1203 is objective. Then MARK (most of it is multiple choice + memorised content, some bs analysis involved; group presentations + projects probably seem less objective, may depend on the harshness of your tutor - definitely not as bad as MGMT).

Then INFS...yeah... depends highly on your tutor probably. Some people get HDs, some people get Ps but they're like people on the same level? We made groups between all our friends (they force you to switch groups for both assessments). First group I tried really hard, got a high HD for my part. Group partner who I'd consider equal to me academically managed to secure high P-low Ds for her parts. Second group I tried just as hard, got a mid D for my part. Realised my group member (whose first group didn't any Ds or HDs) did the wrong question 20 minutes before the due time, told her to paraphrase stuff off 2 pages in the book and bullshit some company off google, she got a mid HD for her part. Other groups of our friends got like Cs and Ps overall. It's kinda fked.

Last edited:

Alkanes

HSC
I suggest if you are a multiple choice god. Go for Finance. Exam is all multiple choice Don't do it in semester 2 when Kyung takes it. He is the worst possible guy you can have.
If you are good at bullshitting, Marketing should be okay cos its common sense.

ECON1203 is a core, you need to take it regardless. Dr Fiebig is alright if you have him.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't do it in semester 2 when Kyung takes it. He is the worst possible guy you can have.
This...

I did it in 2013 sem 2, Wherea i still managed to get HD with help from Amy :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)