ECON1203 Quitting? (1 Viewer)

Anonym0us

HSC
So in my first year of uni, I never actually thought uni would be this demanding. So i've bludged through the first few weeks, and now srsly regretting it :( I've called ASB and asked to terminate my course atm, but they said that if i quit now, i would be failing overall, as i wouldn't have completed the course overall. The assignment worth 30% is already a big fail for me, so I was wondering if i dropped the course now, would it still be possible to pull up my overall WAM (I'm willing to re-do the course next sem).
Because at this moment i'm solely relying onthe 60% finals, and even that, I'm not prepared for at all.

Ajaxx

HSC
N/A
I agree ECON 1203 is hard (especially if you haven't done maths like me) but all im aiming for is a pass, which you can probably achieve too. The assignment is worth 20% not 30%, so if you just pass in that, the quiz and the first exam and then get 50% in the final exam you should be able to just scrape over the line. That's what I'm hoping for :)

How'd you go in the first exam btw?

a19901213

HSC
ECON 1203 became extremely hard last semester and seems like they retain the difficulty for this semester. But don't worry too much, I did really poorly for my first exam, assignment and final and I still managed to pass the course because too many people just did too poorly so they had to scale up the mark. As ECON1203 is compulsory course, they can't bear to fail too many people.

Last edited:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
redoing a course aligns the mark 50/50 (w/e current crap mark + mark from redoing it) so dropping the course might not even yield a good WAM... probably best to pull through finals

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA "I never actually thought uni would be this demanding" HAHAHAHAHAHA You think this is hard, kiddo? ECON1203 was a piece of piss. All of the level 1 and 2 courses in undergrad were. You're just a shit student.
right in the feels.jpg

see you round

Kurby

HSC
N/A
Just see how far below average you are. Stay out of the bottom 20% (or even 30% for more challenging courses) if you can, or you're in danger of failing. But its only a first year course, so they'll probably be nice.

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad
every1 says commerce is easy but its not for me and I didn't do that bad in the HSC. I study quite a bit but I think it'll be tough to get a D average, especially for stats

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
every1 says commerce is easy but its not for me and I didn't do that bad in the HSC. I study quite a bit but I think it'll be tough to get a D average, especially for stats
Same here !

NBGHHS

HSC
Best thing to do now is just go through past papers, scabbing what little marks you can get. I don't think 1203 requires you to get 50% in the finals to pass, however you can still pass doing minimal effort. Get the easy marks, don't worry too much about the hard marks.

aerox11

HSC
how is the exam structure?
has anyone an example exam?

HSC
Uni Grad
^ This. Commerce is actually a fucking difficult degree, mostly because everyone who does it is relatively good at it. =_='

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
^ This. Commerce is actually a fucking difficult degree, mostly because everyone who does it is relatively good at it. =_='
Haha so true. Not liking Commerce. Should have done Arts >.> Would have enjoyed studying a language more and doing okay than doing a subject that is boring and doing okay...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)