Econ141 (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
how is this subject as i meet the preq for the subject due to the fact i did stat170 in first semester and is a part of applied finance. i haven't done any finance/ecomonic subject before but i am good at maths.. how does the subject shape up?????
someone told me that b/w the two like b/w micro and macro one of them is easier, which would that be ?

Thank you in advance Kutay

Ktulu-Spiral

HSC
N/A
I've been told ECON141 is about as easy as STAT170. Most people find Macro easier than Micro. I found them both easy.

If you're good at maths, you'll have no trouble with any of the 100 level Econ units.

Kutay

University
HSC
Ktulu-Spiral said:
I've been told ECON141 is about as easy as STAT170. Most people find Macro easier than Micro. I found them both easy.

If you're good at maths, you'll have no trouble with any of the 100 level Econ units.
Thanks heaps for that, now need to find one more subject to do.... hmm thinks....
i have already done a computer subject but might just do isys123 for that fact meant to be easy to get good grades

Kutay

University
HSC
looking at the preq's it has you have to have done STAT170 which i have but also an option done ECON110 or ECON111...... my mate did ECON 110 and failed but said that it just involved a lot of work, does anyone know the amount of work level, is it similar to STAT170??? cause i found that ok

rid243

Richard
HSC
yeah isys123 is a breeze... nah, ECON110 is a pretty fat work load... I

sja

dingleberry
HSC
Ktulu-Spiral said:

If you want to pass, you will realise that STAT170 is a general version of ECON141 - ECON 141 goes into depth for the stats part.

If you want a credit or a distinction (and higher), you've got to know your economics. You've got apply your logical reasoning and your economic abilities in making conclusions when you're dealing with the nature of statistics.

Remember, in statistics (the nature of ECon141) you can never PROVE anything, or DISPROVE anything. You can only be leniant towards a general view over another.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)