Economic Essay Predictions (1 Viewer)

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi guys :)
So what do you think the economic essays will focus on?
Perhaps unemployment due to Australia's increase in unemployment rate over the year?
And also, what do you think the short answers will focus on too?
Share your thoughts :)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
The papers were made much earlier in the year so i wouldn't expect anything of very recent occurrence as a specific question.

I don't think it will be on unemployment, my guess is something about exchange rates.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Ahs I see,
But they did exchange rates in the 2011 paper?

Randox

HSC
N/A
Would they ask an environment essay. I would think there would be possibly too many changes to environmental policies with the election year happening. Especially the carbon tax...

chrisman9519

HSC
My predictions, top 5 essays in order based on current events and past essays:

1. labour market policy (not asked since 2007)
2. environment essay (carbon tax effects showing now, also no environment question in SA for ages)
3. international orgs and trade bloc agreements (catholic paper + not been asked in essay since 2008 OR short answer for ages)
4. exchange rates (current issue: appreciation effects on economy, effects not asked since 2008)
5. macro policy (catholic paper + very regularly in papers but not in short answer often, just generally a good pick)

however, i kind of doubt that the environment essay will be by itself. It could be mixed into a fiscal essay with other issues, good to prep a whole essay though.

anyway, last year's paper was really easy in terms of essay questions by giving lots of scope in providing 2 BOP essays and also a really broad policy question. So because of that, they will probs make it a bit harder and throw in a labour market and environment question which ppl generally dont like.

Case study isn't gonna happen, but there will probably be a 4 or 5 marker in the SA section.

lol could be way off, just prep for EVERYTHING

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC

2. environment essay (carbon tax effects showing now, also no environment question in SA for ages)
3. international orgs and trade bloc agreements (catholic paper + not been asked in essay since 2008 OR short answer for ages)
4. exchange rates (current issue: appreciation effects on economy, effects not asked since 2008)
5. macro policy (catholic paper + very regularly in papers but not in short answer often, just generally a good pick)

however, i kind of doubt that the environment essay will be by itself. It could be mixed into a fiscal essay with other issues, good to prep a whole essay though.

anyway, last year's paper was really easy in terms of essay questions by giving lots of scope in providing 2 BOP essays and also a really broad policy question. So because of that, they will probs make it a bit harder and throw in a labour market and environment question which ppl generally dont like.

Case study isn't gonna happen, but there will probably be a 4 or 5 marker in the SA section.

This was in both the CSSA and independent paper, along with exchange rate so i think this is a possibility.

Case study will be in short answer, reason is because people don't like studying it and just avoid it in the essays. As a result, they have put it in short answers in recent times to force students to study for it.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, my school trials had 2 5 markers on the case study in the short answers :haha:

Expecting that at least one of the following essays WILL appear:
- Labour Market
- Environmental Sustainability and/or Environmental Management Policies
- Exchange Rates

leesh95

HSC
If you look through the past papers for the last 5 years case study has been asked in every single exam. However it can be in the short response or long response.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
I hate my case study. Mines Indonesia
How would you prep for the case study? Like what specific facts would I need to know?

coyney

HSC
I hate my case study. Mines Indonesia
How would you prep for the case study? Like what specific facts would I need to know?
Look at the syllabus. I'd say policies to promote Economic Growth and Development are a must (Although they can easily be made up)

JFX

HSC
Look at the syllabus. I'd say policies to promote Economic Growth and Development are a must (Although they can easily be made up)
+1, but just make sure the made up statistics are realistic ;)

bartbob13

HSC
According to my teacher they were written in April, so if you look at the bigger economic news and predictions from then you might get some clues he said.

Examine

same
HSC

It seems like every man and his dog is betting on these 5

chrisman9519

HSC
Also I wouldn't be surprised if they added an "impacts of globalisation on the global economy" essay

just because it's unexpected and not been examined tooo recently

shellaaa

HSC
Also I wouldn't be surprised if they added an "impacts of globalisation on the global economy" essay

just because it's unexpected and not been examined tooo recently

How would we answer that question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)