Economic essays... (1 Viewer)

i-color

Sample economic essay

Hey just one of the essays i typed up from last year...I'm hoping to type up the other ones and get them up there for you guys ready for the HSC! how very exciting! :D

Last edited:

i-color

By the way all HSCers, my predictions for this year's eco essay is that there is going to be at least one policy question on external stability. I guessed last year there'd be unemployment or inflation, and both came up! So I wrote essays for both those topics beforehand and handed it to my teacher...I didn't memorise them, but I had a pretyt clear idea of what i was going to be writing so that's just a suggestion for you guys. External stability hasn't come up yet so that's my prediction for this year.....and I get the feeling that free trade and protection may come up somewhere in the globlisation section because of the US FTA and apparently we had a Thailand FTA last year right before my HSC....haha.

I am still typing the essays I wrote on une and inflation.....you guys can have a look and adapt it to external stability.

Rorix

HSC
i think the paper was written back in the day of the AUD appreciation (according to my eco teacher with plenty of experience) which predates the actual FTA so *shrug*

aditya

HSC
i agree with external stablitiy.... especially with the growing concerns of the cad...

HSC
yeah. highest CAD recorded ever.
but the hsc exams were written way before all this shazzam happened, i think they were written during term 1 (term 2 for 04ers)

jky.

HSC
hi,
i-color. just wondering if u done one for microeconomics... i finished the course.. but dats the onli thing keeping me behind.. ive nodea wat its on about. =\

thanks

*bkr2004*

Thanks for that esssay i-colour its helping me with my preperation..

I was wondering if u had any essays on Fiscal policy and external balance

thanks heaps

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
External stability?

Topics for discussion:

Trade outcomes

- import and export bases, (direction, product and flow) impacting on the goods balance of the CAD

- structural change through microeconomic policy leading to increased productivity to increase relative imports to exports; trade reform, labour market reform etc.

- effect of microeconocmic reforms on international competitivness and their effect on eco growth, inflation and unemployment

- macroeconomic policy used to curb domestic growth and therefore decrease consumer purchasing leading to smaller good balance

Effects of CAD

- Constraints of debt and foreign liabilites (growth cannot outstrip liabilites)

- Shift from net foreign debt to net foreign liabilites

- DIAGRAM - net debt cycle from borrowings to finance CAD's

Fingers are sore from typing. Im sure you get the idea.

ae

HSC
thx i-color
btw how many essays u prepared for HSC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)