Economic essays... (1 Viewer)

Ryan_Kill

surely monetary policy would also have to figure soon. It hasn't been examined in section III in the new HSC yet...

*bkr2004*

Monetary policy

Yeah i agree with u ryankill, although monetary policy hasnt played a major role this yr.. I reckon it is a very likely qn.

Somethign like "explain the effectiveness of mp in achieving the govt's objectives"

what do u think of exchange rates featuring in section3 this yr???

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
my hot tips for the essay q's are:

inflation

AIRC

case study on north korea

environmental degradation

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Specifically on North Korea? I dont think so...I agree with inflation though (or maybe its just wishful thinking...)

ar5ena1

HSC
i've said the girls at st george were dogs many times, perhaps not all the girls.

a proud sths class of 04'er

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
yes just North Korea. no other countries:

"Examine the impacts of globalisation on the North Korean economy"

and keep studtying hard for inflation. because there is an extreme chance that they will ask the exact same question twice in a row. Especially when it's not particularly significant at this point in time in the global climate.

HSC
when ur trying to predict the exam questions, remember that the exam is written early in the year as it has to be checked and go thru all the processes.
whatever the big issues were around that time are probably going to turn up as essay questions.

and just for the record, that wont be north korean economic performance or any other stupid mumbo jumbo like that

Last edited:

i-color

Well my tip for this year's essay....

I am pretty much leanings towards a policy question in relation to external stability, with our CAD and foreign debt and what not. It hasn't come out as a policy question yet....so that's my best bet.

with the other two essay questions on globalisation, i'm really unsure, but exchange rate may come up......and i suggest you don't ignore your case study because even if it doesnt come up in essay it may pop up as a short answer (since it is such a crucial part of the syllabus in globalisation)

i-color

Just one more tip on your essays...try to actually write several essay plans even if you don't get the time to practice your essays on questions you think might be in the test. This way you will actually know what your structure and plan would be, and you have all thes things you need to talk about before you go into your exam.

I didn't memorise any essays for my exams...I find that usually screws me up because I end up not answering the question and I spend the whole time trying to remember my essay rather than actually answering the question. I was lucky enough to have guessed both the inflation and u/e essays last year, and wrote one practice essay on each and got my teacher to mark it. So when I got into the exam, I knew precisely what sequence I was going to go in, and what are the major points i need to talk about and what interesting points i can raise in my conclusion and intro etc. This just makes it soo much more easier with your essays. So even if you don't practice writing essays (and if you do, try to do it in one hour blocks), write up some detailed plans......such as intro blah, paragraph one blah etcetc and conclusion blah......it'll really help in your exam.

hanjoc

i have to agree with the policy qu on external stability but think it could be with another issue...i dont know.
and exchange rates, since it has never been in the hsc before i do go as far to say that it will be in this years - i hope it is. just the thing. is the dollar app or dep cos it seems to have app to 0.80 in the year and then it dep to 0.68 and now its just goes between 0.68 and 0.75 - app or dep or just volatile?

aditya

HSC
errr.. appreciated fromm what lol... u cant just randoly ask if it apprecitated or depreciated... :S

wow i din know that.. i hope theres one on the case study.. like an essay.. that would be a relief

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
i-color said:
Just one more tip on your essays...try to actually write several essay plans even if you don't get the time to practice your essays on questions you think might be in the test. This way you will actually know what your structure and plan would be, and you have all thes things you need to talk about before you go into your exam.

I didn't memorise any essays for my exams...I find that usually screws me up because I end up not answering the question and I spend the whole time trying to remember my essay rather than actually answering the question. I was lucky enough to have guessed both the inflation and u/e essays last year, and wrote one practice essay on each and got my teacher to mark it. So when I got into the exam, I knew precisely what sequence I was going to go in, and what are the major points i need to talk about and what interesting points i can raise in my conclusion and intro etc. This just makes it soo much more easier with your essays. So even if you don't practice writing essays (and if you do, try to do it in one hour blocks), write up some detailed plans......such as intro blah, paragraph one blah etcetc and conclusion blah......it'll really help in your exam.
^
|

Dot point essays are great. Besides, not many people have time to memorise the 10 most likely essays they'll set. (I'm probably memorising only three : case study, external balance and micro) just because I already have some nice essays for them :p

coroneos

lol i bet the focus will be on issues.. its pretty obvious looking at past years..
also the biz test didnt come out as a correct guess 4 many ppl, so i suggest u dont try and anticipate da qstn.

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
what do you all think is more possible this year...:
an essay on the use of micro and macro economic policies in achieving internal and external stability
or:
and essay on globalisation
or even:
an essay on those small topics that you dont think should be an essay question

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Im thinking external stabillity/CAD/debt/liabilities/BOP....

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Sarah168 said:
Im thinking external stabillity/CAD/debt/liabilities/BOP....
Can I borrow your crystal ball? I want to check out the short answers as well.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
neo_o said:
Can I borrow your crystal ball? I want to check out the short answers as well.
Oh shut up. They all revolve around the same topic which is the CAD and policies in response to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)