economic policies and management (1 Viewer)

tradewind

i need help with this question and if anyone can add examples, it would be really helpful. :D

'"Evaluate how sucessful Australia has been in recent years in achieving its economic goals"

i-color

eco growth- successful (currently entering 13th year of strong eco growth.....slight easing now but strong nevertheless)
unemployment- successful (5.5% lowest in decade)
inflation- successful (due to sound monetary policy aimed at targeting inflation at 2-3%)
external stability- not as successful but still good --> CAD has blwon out in recent years, but we have maintained AAA credit rating....micro reform and structural change have made our exports less reliant on agricultural products and more on ETMs which are value added --> improved BOGS --> improved CAD)
income distribution- inequality has increased but in the long run, everyone is better off in absolute terms
environment- have not actively pursused its goal of ecologically sustainable development

tradewind

what are ETM's ?

'income distribution- inequality has increased but in the long run, everyone is better off in absolute terms'

do you mean by this, that the standard of living is higher since the last decade or during recent years.

would you say that in an essay with that question it would be good to include examples such as dreregulation of the labour market and the AUSFTA.

where can i find comtemporary information realting to the issues. I mainly use Ross Gitton editorials but i would like a wider range of sources.

Originally posted by tradewind
what are ETM's ?
elaborately transformed manufactures (not sure if its manufactures, something like that) - as opposed to simply transformed...

do you mean by this, that the standard of living is higher since the last decade or during recent years.
yes

would you say that in an essay with that question it would be good to include examples such as dreregulation of the labour market and the AUSFTA.
you can never go wrong with examples

where can i find comtemporary information realting to the issues. I mainly use Ross Gitton editorials but i would like a wider range of sources.
I don't know of ol Ross is the best source, he tends to be a bit critical of the Howard government - recent textbooks will give you an idea of what sort of things to look at (as well as giving you information). In the exam, you should give the marker what they want to see - and what they want to see is whats in the textbook:)

i-color

try the rba website where they talk about the current stance of the economy and how govt are pursuing these objectives :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)